Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia driver problem!!

Options
  • 23-10-2008 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

I have always had a had a nice experiance with nvidia cards until recently! in September i went out and upgraded from my 8600gt to a GTX260 amazing move (at the start).

At the start of the month i decided to update my drivers with the Physx support, there was the mistake, it installed fine but on reboot i was welcomed with this "blank screen" after windows loaded, drove me nuts trying to figure out what was wrong! finally sorted it some how (by magic i suppose), i thought at first "oh it might just be the driver", so 2 days ago i saw that they had released a new driver, i downloaded it and installed it, and to my shock i was welcomed with the "blank screen" again, trying to remember what i done the last time didn't work, so after hours of restarts and safe mode i managed to have my primary OS with no driver on at all, went to the nvidia to troubleshoot the problem and tried all sorts to try get the new driver to stick without getting the blank screen, and so far the are wonderful with giving out no replies!

So i went and bought a 4870 online and should be here by monday.

So my question is, is there an Irish solution to this problem or have any of you come across this before and managed to fix it?!

Advertisement