Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 - Pricing

• 23-10-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm sure that there's more than myself eagerly anticipating the launch of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1.

Its looking like it will be the end of October, start of November when we see it.

Here are the pre-order prices that I have found.

Has anyone seen anything else online?
    Any good EU sites for smartphones etc?

Play.com

£499 (€627.17) + free delivery ??(do they even allow electronics to Eire??)

Clove Technology

£499.38(€627.91) + delivery £20 :eek: (€25.10)

TechnikDirekt (Germany)

€648 + delivery €22

One more thing, all of these Prices are SIM-Free.
    O2 and T-Mobile will have this available in UK on bill-pay.
    Does anyone know if this will make it to O2 eire, or Three before Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Out early next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Gekko wrote: »
    Out early next week

Optimist ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Expansys.ie said that they will have stock week 44. which is next weekish...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I've been searching high and low for the X1 and the prices given are spot on to what I've seen. The Sony Ericsson online shop is also allowing pre-orders for £499.99, was previously £479.99, but that's about the cheapest I've seen it.

Expansys can keep the X1 for their prices. Honestly, €5 shy of €800... for a handset!?! I know I love the X1, and cannot wait to get my hands on one, but you could buy a laptop for those prices; even eBay are selling them for approximately €750. It'll be a few weeks until those prices start coming down, so I guess all us prospective buyers will have to wait until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

O2 will be releasing it, so that should make it a bit cheaper.
    You should give them a ring and see if they can confirm dates, it should out by christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I'll more than likely get it on eBay from some O2 UK customer who upgraded and wants to sell it. This way I have an unlocked handset with no external branding. This may take some time though, so I'll have to play the waiting game. I want it sooner but, realistically, it looks like I have no choice but to wait if I want it cheaper than the current prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

billbond4 wrote: »
    You should give them a ring and see if they can confirm dates, it should out by christmas

I see ..

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=226&page=21

rang o2 last week, and they basicly said "if it aint on the website, we don't know"

Anyone recommend a phone number for o2 where they might actually ask someone, instead of a script?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

billbond4 wrote: »

Is it only O2 that will be releasing the X1?

Are Vodafone, Meteor and 3 out of the running with it?

Just got this from Clove Technology:

We contacted you recently to inform you that the Sony X1's would be arriving on the 29th. We are pleased to announce that the black units have arrived into stock.

strecker wrote: »
    Optimist ;)

Realist actually :P

getting a few for a friend...they should be with me on Tuesday

• Advertisement

Gekko wrote: »
    Realist actually :P

getting a few for a friend...they should be with me on Tuesday

Gekko, where are you getting them? If you don't mind sharing

from a friend who works for a uk wholesaler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ieadnwonk

gekko... u mean out here in Ireland this week?
    or just in the UK?

i want this phone so much!

ieadnwonk wrote: »
    gekko... u mean out here in Ireland this week?
    or just in the UK?

i want this phone so much!

not sure about over here, but expected over in the UK this week. Will pm you if you like with a bit more info.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

went to order this from play.com and it said it could only be shipped to a uk address :mad: its time i replaced my P990i

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

smartblaa wrote: »
    rang o2 last week, and they basicly said "if it aint on the website, we don't know"

thats typical o2 for ya :rolleyes:.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Just Received mine anyway, i noticed expansys.com had them instock so i ordered one, its definitely going to take some timeto get used to, ive been using the P910i and the P990i so im only used to the symbian os. this is my first windows mobile device:confused:

Advertisement