Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what can I do if BT cheat me ?

Options
  • 23-10-2008 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

what can I do if BT cheat me ?
    I got 7.6M BT broadband a week ago. then has been limited . but when I order it they told me that was unlimited.that word in my contract was : this includes Broadband option 3.our always on internet service which gives you download speeds of up to 7.6/24 Mb (depending on your broadband exchange area) and unlimited downloads per month................ I ring BT CC they told me everyone is limited. unlimited meaning is 100Gb. and my broadband is 30Gb. then I ask them can I just cancel it that is not what I want and was not what like they said.then they said I have to pay 150 Euro .anyone can give me a idea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

First off, cancel your direct debit. Then write a letter to BT, send it by registered post, and in it tell them you are not paying for a service that they miss-sold to you. 30G is nowhere near what could be described as unlimited, even with a "Fair use" clause.

Keep all the threats of legal action that they will inevitably send you too. I have loads of them, and now, so do the Primetime team that are investigating the deplorable state of customer service in many companies in this country.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Could you tell us more (preferably in smaller text (although BT do have that effect on people!)) how exactly this has come to light so soon in your adventure with BT?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

you may be interested in this article, also read further through this forum to catch up on previous postings on this topic

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Billlang

thanks guys. I will keep fight with BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the problem is that they put a little * next to the word unlimited in the desciption and contract and then add a note at the bottom to say that ulimited is actually whatever they decide it is regardless or not if they actually want to tell you what that is, on the basis that they don't have the capacity to support anything near unimited usage for anyone so they throttle your connection. as much of a pain in the backside as it is, it's the way things currently are and they only way they will change (if at all, ever) is if people fight them.

above all, keep a record of EVERYTHING. the dates and times you speak to people, their names and what was said in every conversation. every piece of paperwork you send to them and they send to you, and DO send them paperwork as jor el says, if you want o have any hope of fighting them you have to be able to clearly show your side of the story when the time comes.

send a mail to the "prime time investigates" team and see if they'd like to follow your journey through BT customer services hell and you might even get to tell everyone how crap BT are on national TV. :)

make a complaint to BT, make it all official. write a letter, send it (registered post) to BT complaints department and keep a copy of it and the receipt from the post office when you send it. follow that up with emails asking for updates and follow through with everything.

your best chance of forcing them to make things right for you and better for everyone else is to make as much noise and embarrassment for BT as you can, without going crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Billlang

BT send me this page to prove they are how nice to me. but I find something queer.
    1. from 11/10/08 got BT untill 20/10/08 I been limited how can I down 121GB.maybe they want to prove they are intermet very fast.first time BT CC told me I was download 30 GB. I believe it.

2.from 11/10/08 15:02:25 to 23/10/08 01:52:27 total of natural time is 11days 10hours 50mins 2' = 16490 mins. BT's time is12473+5399=17872mins BT time 17872 > natural time 16490 how come?

65430.jpg
    65431.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Billlang wrote: »
    BT send me this page to prove they are how nice to me. but I find something queer.
    1. from 11/10/08 got BT untill 20/10/08 I been limited how can I down 121GB.maybe they want to prove they are intermet very fast.first time BT CC told me I was download 30 GB. I believe it.

2.from 11/10/08 15:02:25 to 23/10/08 01:52:27 total of natural time is 11days 10hours 50mins 2' = 16490 mins. BT's time is12473+5399=17872mins BT time 17872 > natural time 16490 how come?

65430.jpg
    65431.jpg

First, I would remove the username from the pictures if I were you. Second, unfortunately, I have no idea of what is it that your trying to say, all I see is that you have downloaded 121 gB in 11 days, that's over 320 gb per month. I am afraid that, in your case, this could easily be considered breaking the fair usage policy....

Just be careful with what you download, 121 gb is approx 11 gb per day, and that's a lot. I agree they shouldnt be using the words "unlimited usage" when they are selling the package, personally I think they shouldnt use it, but in your case your usage is over the chart, as I said, the fair usage policy can easily be applied here.

Advertisement