Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Chelsea v Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

SantryRed wrote: »
    Karma, you honestly make no sense.

Liverpool woll know Chelsea but Chelsea won't know Liverpool becuase of Scolari?

You do know he can watch tapes?:confused:

Scolari will outwit Benitez on Sunday and win comfortably.

SantryRed, you honestly can't seem to read.
    I've adressed that ages ago.
    Tapes tll you squat about the animosity and rivalry developed between the two clubs in the last 4 years.
    If you really think that Chelsea and Liverpool matches are all decided on the pitch, you need your head examined.

Ever been to one?

There's a reason that there are days of anticipation and consternation by fans and in the media in the build-up/aftermath.

The athmosphere (even the fake SB athmosphere:P) is electric when the two sides meet, and no tape will show you that.
    Rafa played Chelsea 5 times last year alone!!!
    So if you don't think that that gives him an advantage over Scolari, then everyone who plays football manager for a week should be a prem manager!

In fact, I'm fairly sure that Rafa has managed teams in SB more than Scolari has!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Chelsea to win, Liverpool to look ordinary. At best for Liverpool, a draw, with the game being woeful (possibly enlivened by some incident or another).

Boggles wrote: »
    Really? Because it is overwhelming in your posts and your main opinion why you think Chelsea will not win. I don't see the stat in any of your posts that Liverpool have not scored at the bridge in the league in 4 years?

Yes Boogles, and how many of them were responces to posts about people questioning the one time I mentioned it?!

And great job on ignoring the long detailed post where I go over the individual strenghts and weaknesses of the teams and players!
    Fair play indeed.

And as for not scoring at the bridge in 4 years.
    I seem to remember a similar stat about UTD a few weeks ago.
    Do you.
    And when I said that Liverpool were going to win that game, you were as derisive and ill informed as only you can be my friend.

Well, you're nothing if not consistant Boogles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

And great job on ignoring the long detailed post where I go over the individual strenghts and weaknesses of the teams and players!
    Fair play indeed.

I ignored it because it had beautiful insight like "Deco hasn't hit form yet"...Although he managed to scrounge player of the month in his first month in a new country and league.

:rolleyes:

Your basing the chunk of your arguement on Scolari having no personal experience of the tie. You go on to offer 3 possible score lines, all 3 which involve Liverpool scoring, although they havn't scored there in nearly 5 years and are missing their top scorer.

I know you a positive guy and there is nothing wrong with that, but right now you are just coming off as a loon bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

As I Liverpool fan I can easily explain it.
    If Chelsea tryan play all out atack, it will fail.
    Liverpool are every bit as good at holding posesion and keeping the ball from Chelsea.
    Secondly, If gerrard has his free role behind Keane, and the fullbacks are missing up the pitch all game, how much space will he have to run into there?!

Lastly, while Chelsea are stronger on the flanks, Liverpool are stronger through the middle.
    How is Chelseas's wide players more important thatn Xabi, Masch and Gerrard in the middle for us?

Deo isn't on form yet, and MAsch will take him out of the game.
    Essien won't be there to close down Xabi, so he'll have all the time in the world to dictate the pace, and Stevie G, is a big game player, as we all know.

Carra is on better form than last year, without the slower Hyypia like last time, and Agger while a bit shaky at the start of the Wigan game, hasn't put a fott wrong since, and played well against Atletico.
    When we have the ball, he almost becomes a fourth central midfield player for us.

As Rebel pointed out, I'm in no way deriding Scolari, simply saying he has no experience of this fixture.
    Rafa will know what to expect from both sets of fans and player.
    (We played them 5 times last year alone!!!)
    Scolari won't from the Liverpool side.

Liverpool are playing with real confidence, and are genuinely going there with no fear.
    They have nothing to loose.
    If Chelsea win, then of course they did.
    At home, on great form etc...
    But if Chelsea win, then they've lost to their enemy, at home, loosing their 4 year record, and top spot, when they were favorites, and their playing a team that they know are ridding high on confidence.

If Chelsea push forward unreservedly, then Liverpool will soak it up with their team defencive mentality, and hit on the break.
    I can see Liverpool win.

If Scolari does what he should and show Liverpool the respect they deserve, then the teams could cancel each other out.

Absolutely wrong! No team goes to stamford bridge with no fear.

I ignored it because it had beautiful insight like "Deco hasn't hit form yet"...Although he managed to scrounge player of the month in his first month in a new country and league.

Your basing the chunk of your arguement on Scolari having no personal experience of the tie. You go on to offer 3 possible score lines, all 3 which involve Liverpool scoring, although they havn't scored there in nearly 5 years and are missing their top scorer.

I know you a positive guy and there is nothing wrong with that, but right now you are just coming off as a loon bag.

I'm sorry Boogles, her I was thinking that Deco was just back from injury, and hadn't reached form yet since then.
    But did you just ignore that and assume I meant something else.

Again.

What a simplistic world you live in.
    Deco was great last month, before getting injured, and was not his usual self last night, so he'll be brilliant on Sunday (not saying he won't just saying it's not a given).
    You really know nothing about football my friend.

And I must say you think a lot of Deco, cause I'm surprissed to find that me discussing Daniel Agger, Gerrard having space behind the fullbacks, Essien being missing, Alonso having more space, and the Liverpool players mental attitude had anything to do with him!

Cause I went into detail on all of those points, but acording to you Deco's all that I went into.

Well done on all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Boggles,could have sworn we scored 2 goals at "the bridge" only a few short months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

regardless of who wins, there will be serious egg on the faces of some people here on sunday evening.
    there have been some ludicrous claims over the last few pages, unbelievable

You really know nothing about football my friend.

Your right Karmafaerie, I am going to trust your sterling unbiased well informed opinion and put it all on a Liverpool win.

• Advertisement

Dun laoire wrote: »
    Absolutely wrong! No team goes to stamford bridge with no fear.

What have they to fear.
    They're expected to loose, and they're used to winning matches that they're expecting to loose.

If the loose they're not going to be slaughtered.
    If they win, the media and worlds fans will still go on about how they've no real chance of winnin gthe leage and "their luck will run out eventually".

No skin off thir teeth = No fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

unsurprisingly, i'm going for a chelsea win this weekend, i've been worried about the villa and boro games thinking all our injuries would leave us a bit vulnerable but my worry was misplaced, we could have had 20 goals from those 2 games rather than the measly 7 we ended up with.

I think Chelsea have the better players in every part of the field, with Torres out pool look distinctly average and will be looking for gerrard to win the game single handedly and relying on Carragher at the back to defend singlehandedly. Personally I don't rate Agger, and expect him to be under a lot of pressure.

Chelsea are a lot better than we were under Grunt and won't be as defensive minded as we were under jose who always seemed content to score and let liverpool attack for the remainder.

I think Belletti may get to start ahead of Malouda, with Deco, Lampard and Belletti and Kalou all capable of scoring from distance (well not Kalou) that's going to keep liverpool back.

Cashley / Bridge and Boswinga are excellent on the wings, its a shame we haven't got Drogba fit, as I think the only weakness in the probable line-up is Anelka.

2-0 Chelsea , Lampard to score last and one red card to be waved at a red shirt.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Boggles,could have sworn we scored 2 goals at "the bridge" only a few short months ago.

I'm sure he meant in the league, but as we know Liverpool are in terrible form against teams who we haven't scored against in years!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

event wrote: »
    regardless of who wins, there will be serious egg on the faces of some people here on sunday evening.
    there have been some ludicrous claims over the last few pages, unbelievable

Yeah, i was thinking that as well. It'll be funny reading this thread after the match.

Wonder when you would come sneaking into it.

IN THE LEAGUE Master Alan, that tournament Liverpool can't win, stop failing and reread the posts, good lad.

Boggles, the last time i remember you acting so obnoxious on this site was before the Utd game at Anfield when you claimed it was near an impossibility for us to win.

Needless to say you were wrong and disappeared off site for a few days without having the spine to admit how wrong you were.

Lets hope for a repeat.

• Advertisement

Boggles, the last time i remember you acting so obnoxiously on this site was before the Utd game at Anfield when you claimed it was near an impossibility for us to win.

Needless to say you were wrong and disappeared off site for a few days.

Lets hope for a repeat.

The board is always so quiet after Liverpool win.
    Boogles you should come in more.
    We're benevolent in victory.

Boggles, the last time i remember you acting so obnoxiously on this site was before the Utd game at Anfield when you claimed it was near an impossibility for us to win.

Needless to say you were wrong and disappeared off site for a few days.

Lets hope for a repeat.

Mixing up real life with your home erotic fantasies again? Come on Al get it together.

How would you know, you weren't registered the last time the Scouse won at the Bridge. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

All the United fans pottering around here can only lead me to believe they are still smarting from the loss at Anfield.

Let it out, there there, let it all out.

good retort boggles, well played.

Mixing up real life with your home erotic fantasies again? Come on Al get it together.

He's right Al.

Boogles was logged on.
    He just wasn't posting.
    I'm sure he came in to look at what was being read however.

• Advertisement

How would you know, you weren't registered the last time the Scouse won at the Bridge. ;)

Sorry Boogles, but I was.

Little Louis broke the cockney hearts.

But you'll just ignore that seing as we won the Champions League due to it.:p

Sorry thought we were discussing the League.

Then again Liverpools success in that pre dates the internet. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

you were playing west ham ?
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If Chelsea try and play their expansive game, Liverpool will win.
    If Chelsea are more conservative, it'll be a draw.

I'm a Liverpool fan and that post gave me a chuckle. Take off your liverbird specs amigo.

07/08 Chelsea v Liverpool 0 - 0 A DRAW
    07/08 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 1 H DRAW
    06/07 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 0 H LOSS
    06/07 Chelsea v Liverpool 2 - 0 A LOSS
    05/06 Chelsea v Liverpool 4 - 1 H LOSS
    05/06 Chelsea v Liverpool 2 - 0 A LOSS
    04/05 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 0 A LOSS
    04/05 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 0 H LOSS

To simplify, we have picked up 2 points from the last 8 league meetings with Chelsea. At Stamford bridge, we have drawn once and lost 3 times in the last 4 years in the league. To add to that, Chelsea have been phenominal this year while we, contrary to league position, havent. We have shown great team spirit and determination but havent bossed games and won comfortably.

Id be chuffed with a point. Hope to see the below team.

Reina

Arbeloa----Carra---Agger----Aurelio

Alonso---Masch

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Babel

Keane

Sorry thought we were discussing the League.

Then again Liverpools success in that pre dates the internet. :D

No, it doesn't.

Surely we should be allowed to attack the poster and not the post for rubbish like this?

spockety wrote: »
    No, it doesn't.

Surely we should be allowed to attack the poster and not the post for rubbish like this?

Who says the Scouse don't have a sense of humour and are over sensitive.

Shame on ye all. :mad:

Tusky wrote: »
    I'm a Liverpool fan and that post gave me a chuckle. Take off your liverbird specs amigo.

07/08 Chelsea v Liverpool 0 - 0 A
    07/08 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 1 H
    06/07 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 0 H
    06/07 Chelsea v Liverpool 2 - 0 A
    05/06 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 4 H
    05/06 Chelsea v Liverpool 2 - 0 A
    04/05 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 0 A
    04/05 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 0 H

To simplify, we have picked up 2 points from the last 8 league meetings with Chelsea. At Stamford bridge, we have drawn once and lost 3 times in the last 4 years in the league. To add to that, Chelsea have been phenominal this year while we, contrary to league position, havent. We have shown great team spirit and determination but havent bossed games and won comfortably.

Reina

Alonso---Masch

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Babel

Keane

And how many of those 8 times when ye played Chelsea were we joint top on points, and after beating Utd, really well, not to mention being undefeated in all competitions?!

Cause unless harry Kewel, Djimi Traore, and salif Diao are linning out for us on Sunday, your post has very little relevance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

And how many of those 8 times when ye played Chelsea were we joint top on points, and after beating Utd, really well, not to mention being undefeated in all competitions?!

Cause unless harry Kewel, Djimi Traore, and salif Diao are linning out for us on Sunday, your post has very little relevance.

Them beating us 6 times and drawing twice in the last 8 league games has little relevance on predicting the outcome of the game on Sunday ? Hmm ok. We shall have to agree to disagree then.

No, it doesn't.

Don't worry Spockety.
    Boogles just tries to use humour to cover when he's talking through his a**e!:p

I think it's great, you get into a discussion, he ignores half of your points, and when you call him on it, the "jokes" come out.

I think Tatyo said it best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Reina

Alonso---Masch

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Babel

Keane

I'd go with Riera instead of Babel. Babel for the moment is/has been far more effective off the bench.
    I've liked the cut of Riera's jib so far and he deserves to start.
    Arbeloa is the weak link for me, but Kuyt will no doubt be covering back.

My gut feeling says Chelsea win, but it will be close.

• Advertisement

Them beating us 6 times and drawing twice in the last 8 league games has little relevance on predicting the outcome of the game on Sunday ? Hmm ok. We shall have to agree to disagree then.

Well, he does kind of have a point. If history was the clearest marker of future performance, football would be hideously boring. In fact, there'd be no point in watching at all, because it would all be so predictable.

History has to change some time, records don't run forever. We have finally beaten United in the league under Benitez and I don't think anyone was realistically expecting that.

People can offer up whatever supporting arguments they want, but the fact is nobody knows for sure what the outcome of Sunday's match (or any match) will be. The people who profess to know for sure, and who have predicted wrong, will be very embarassed with what they said in this thread come Sunday evening.

Who says the Scouse don't have a sense of humour and are over sensitive.

Shame on ye all. :mad:

I'm not scouse.

I do however have an incredible sense of humour, it's just you're nowhere near funny enough to activate it in spite of the threshold being quite low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

As quiet as the Liverpool thread every May :D
    Have posted my views on the game , But could someone explain the comment that liverpool have a stronger midfield than Chelsea for me , do liverpool fans really believe this ?

I'm not scouse.

I do however have an incredible sense of humour, it's just you're nowhere near funny enough to activate it in spite of the threshold being quite low.

Sorry your Right, you crack me up Spockety, you crazy Kook! :D

As stated previously Chelsea 2-0 and to become overwhelming favourites for the title.

Them beating us 6 times and drawing twice in the last 8 league games has little reliance on predicting the outcome of the game on Sunday ? Hmm ok.

It has very little relivence to my oppinion of how the game will go.
    I love the way some people think that what I say is gospel.

I think, that after weighing up all aspects of the game on Sunday, from the managers, players, media, fans, etc... that Liverpool have a good chance of winning, and are unlikely to loose.
    I'm not saying that they'll romp home.
    I'm not saying that they'll win convincingly.
    I'm saying that I can see either a draw, or Liverpool scraping it by a goal.

Please tell me how Liverpool loosing to Chelsea 4 years ago, with only what, Gerrard and Carra in the starting team now not to mention the changes at Chelsea (two managers and a squad later), has to do with how Sunday will go?

Nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

One win in something like 16 years at Stamford Bridge tells me Liverpool will lose.

It's a question of what this is blamed on. There's zonal marking, relying on Torres, relying on Gerrard, the comebacks would never last, Torres being left out, rotation, team selection, why doesn't he use 442, Luis Garcia not showing fight, being shown up and lucky to have 20 points, Torres being rotated, too many Spanish players, Fwank the great or John the magnificent.

All manner of the usual suspects are in play.

I don't think anyone is taking what your saying as gospel.

On a serious note, you are giving Chelsea zero chance of a win at home, I think that is what people are pulling you on.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    As quiet as the Liverpool thread every May :D
    Have posted my views on the game , But could someone explain the comment that liverpool have a stronger midfield than Chelsea for me , do liverpool fans really believe this ?

It's not that we have a stronger midfield per say, just that us with a 5 of Kuyt, Gerrard, Masch, Alonso, and Riera, will be able to cope with Chelsea in this game.

Essien is a big loss for Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think, that after weighing up all aspects of the game on Sunday, from the managers, players, media, fans, etc... that Liverpool have a good chance of winning, and are unlikely to loose.

Please tell me how Liverpool loosing to Chelsea 4 years ago, with only what, Gerrard and Carra in the starting team now not to mention the changes at Chelsea (two managers and a squad later), has to do with how Sunday will go?

Nothing.

How can you say that it's more likely Liverpool will win?

It's ludicrous.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    One win in something like 16 years at Stamford Bridge tells me Liverpool will lose.

It's a question of what this is blamed on. There's zonal marking, relying on Torres, relying on Gerrard, the comebacks would never last, Torres being left out, rotation, team selection, why doesn't he use 442, Luis Garcia not showing fight, being shown up and lucky to have 20 points, Torres being rotated, too many Spanish players, Fwank the great or John the magnificent.

All manner of the usual suspects are in play.

So Torres being rotated efected how we played 16 years ago now!
    Or Luis Garcia who joined 4 years ago.
    Or Rafa's rotation policy and zonal marking in general (again 4 years old).

Here's some history that helps explain Newcastle's result at Old Trafford earlier this season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

No. Karmafaerie. Sure the stars might align and Liverpool might win, but there's no reason to believe seriously it will be any different to the previous 16 - 18/19 even - years.

Liverpool had better teams than mid-table Chelsea all through the 90s and still Owen could only score a consolation goal there. There's the 0-2 lead at HT, which ended 4-2, there's the successive 2 and 3-0 defeats after 30 minutes, the goalkeeper punching the ball into his own net, the red cards, the 4-0 defeat despite being on top and missed penalty, a complete lack of goals before and since Benitez. Every nobody at Chelsea has probably scored at home to Liverpool in the 90s. Even Jesper Gronkjaer scored from 20 yards! One 2-2 draw in 1995 the only point from 1995-2004?

Liverpool simply don't win at Stamford Bridge, even if they had Lionel Messi and David Villa to replace Torres after 61 minutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Nothing.

is there any opposite to thanking a post here?

liverpool more likely to win at stamford bridge? our past 8 league games there have been 2 draws and 6 defeats. chelsea are scoring for fun without drogba or ballack. mikel has filled essiens shoes brilliantly and is a monster in midfield. chelsea casually beat middlesborough away 5 - 0 and we struggled at home to wigan. we dont have our best attacking threat. chelski havent lost at stamford bridge in.... i dont know actually, but its the current record isnt it? chelsea will have their first choice defence. liverpool dont.

ah yeah sure we'll win cos liverpool are so f'n great and i happen to support them which lets me bypass facts and just spout nonsense. i think we could win 4 - 0 as well with our stevie getting a hat trick of 30-yarders and of course dirk kuyt will dance around carvalho and slot it home past cech in a convincing display of greatness. then im gonna eat a big chocolate ice cream and bang on about stuff on the internet that happens to be close to my heart so i can ignore the truth about that also without looking like im talking absolute sh1te.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

07/08 Chelsea v Liverpool 0 - 0 A DRAW
    07/08 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 1 H DRAW
    06/07 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 0 H LOSS
    06/07 Chelsea v Liverpool 2 - 0 A LOSS
    05/06 Chelsea v Liverpool 4 - 1 H LOSS
    05/06 Chelsea v Liverpool 2 - 0 A LOSS
    04/05 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 0 A LOSS
    04/05 Chelsea v Liverpool 1 - 0 H LOSS

Reina

Alonso---Masch

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Babel

Keane

Sorry for nit-picking, but in the 06-07 season, we beat Chelsea two one. Remember Kuyt and Pennant's cracker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sorry for nit-picking, but in the 06-07 season, we beat Chelsea two one. Remember Kuyt and Pennant's cracker?
    Forgot about that myself actually.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    No. Karmafaerie. Sure the stars might align and Liverpool might win, but there's no reason to believe seriously it will be any different to the previous 16 - 18/19 even - years.

Liverpool had better teams than mid-table Chelsea all through the 90s and still Owen could only score a consolation goal there. There's the 0-2 lead at HT, which ended 4-2, there's the successive 2 and 3-0 defeats after 30 minutes, the goalkeeper punching the ball into his own net, the red cards, the 4-0 defeat despite being on top and missed penalty, a complete lack of goals before and since Benitez. Every god-forsaken nobody at Chelsea has probably scored at home to Liverpool in the 90s. Even Jesper Gronkjaer scored from 20 yards! One 2-2 draw in 1995 the only point from 1995-2004?

Liverpool simply don't win at Stamford Bridge, even if they had Lionel Messi and David Villa to replace Torres after 61 minutes.

Yeah, but all that counts for nothing on Sunday. The players out there won't care what Sander Westerveld did about 8 years ago etc.
    Yeah, it's a bogey ground, i'd be happy with a draw, Chelsea may win, but like i say earlier, it's not impossible for Liverpool to pick up the three points. Two one, Kuyt and an Agger thumper from thirty yards. Yesss! Get in!!

Jazzy wrote: »
    is there any opposite to thanking a post here?

liverpool more likely to win at stamford bridge? our past 8 league games there have been 2 draws and 6 defeats. chelsea are scoring for fun without drogba or ballack. mikel has filled essiens shoes brilliantly and is a monster in midfield. chelsea casually beat middlesborough away 5 - 0 and we struggled at home to wigan. we dont have our best attacking threat. chelski havent lost at stamford bridge in.... i dont know actually, but its the current record isnt it? chelsea will have their first choice defence. liverpool dont.

ah yeah sure we'll win cos liverpool are so f'n great and i happen to support them which lets me bypass facts and just spout nonsense. i think we could win 4 - 0 as well with our stevie getting a hat trick of 30-yarders and of course dirk kuyt will dance around carvalho and slot it home past cech in a convincing display of greatness. then im gonna eat a big chocolate ice cream and bang on about stuff on the internet that happens to be close to my heart so i can ignore the truth about that also without looking like im talking absolute sh1te.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

There is an opposit top thanking, it's called ignoring.

Please do so, unless you're coming back to appologise on Sunday evening.

Lets look at the past shall we?

Last year.
    Liverpool played them off the park in Anfield, and were literally robbed.
    In SB, we were the better team, but a draw is fair.

This year, Liverpool have played more determinedly and aggresively than in 20 years.
    We've won games we had no right to, and are undefeated.
    The team are on a massive high, and we are going to teh bridge at the perfect time.
    We have nothing to fear, and Chelsea will have everything to loose.

I think, after weighing everything up, that it'll either be a draw or Liverpool winning.

To you that equates to me saying Liverpool will win 4-0!

Well done.

I try and look at these little things called facts, when making predictions, and as per everyone else, am often wrong.
    Despite the facts that so far this season I predicted....

Liverpool being right there from the off, and being in contention for the whole season to finish behind Chelsea.
    Riera to be an instant hit.
    Liverpool to go through the group stages of the CL undefeated.
    Torres to have a slow start.
    Kuyt to come good.
    Liverpool to beat Utd.
    And now us to either draw or beat Chelsea narrowly.

Yeah, real pie in the sky stuff from me there.
    How do I see passed my rose tinted glasses.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

astrofool wrote: »
    Chelsea to win, Liverpool to look ordinary. At best for Liverpool, a draw, with the game being woeful (possibly enlivened by some incident or another).

yep liverpool have certainly been the boring team to watch this season.
    You pay tribute to the second part of your name.

mayordenis wrote: »
    yep liverpool have certainly been the boring team to watch this season.
    You pay tribute to the second part of your name.

Is the d in your name actually an upside down P.

He is entitled to his opinion, without you calling him a fool. :rolleyes:

Is the d in your name actually an upside down P.

He is entitled to his opinion, without you calling him a fool. :rolleyes:

oh my word.

do you see how funny this post is Boggles?

• Advertisement
Advertisement