Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Chelsea v Liverpool

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Boggles wrote: »
    Is the d in your name actually an upside down P.

He is entitled to his opinion, without you calling him a fool. :rolleyes:

yes actually I sign my name with a P it's more fun for everyone.

If the Bog in your name actually knob and gles actually head? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lads......... seriously :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Jazzy wrote: »

ah yeah sure we'll win cos liverpool are so f'n great and i happen to support them which lets me bypass facts and just spout nonsense. i think we could win 4 - 0 as well with our stevie getting a hat trick of 30-yarders and of course dirk kuyt will dance around carvalho and slot it home past cech in a convincing display of greatness. then im gonna eat a big chocolate ice cream and bang on about stuff on the internet that happens to be close to my heart so i can ignore the truth about that also without looking like im talking absolute sh1te.

This sums up certain Liverpool fans so well. Awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Bubs101 wrote: »
    This sums up certain Liverpool fans so well. Awesome

And that post sums up certain posters on here perfectly.

A non Liverpool or Chelsea fan (I could be wrong on that), posting a derisive comment about Liverpool, only to be thanked by the expert on all things slagging Liverpool.

Classic.

he supports Chelsea Karma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

christ almighty lads, will yiz take a look at the last few pages and grow up

like a bunch of feckin women yiz are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    he supports Chelsea Karma.

Fair enough, I had provisioned for that.
    I think we all know where my barb was aimed.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

And that post sums up certain posters on here perfectly.

A non Liverpool or Chelsea fan (I could be wrong on that), posting a derisive comment about Liverpool, only to be thanked by the expert on all things slagging Liverpool.

Classic.

no, but it does sum you up and mr alan to an extent... i dare say alan is more realistic tho.
    nothing wrong with supporting your team and hoping they win every game, but you've got to be realistic. saying that liverpool have a better chance of winning this game then chelsea do is not realistic in the slightest. the facts completely overwhelm any argument you try and make other wise.

i well hope that liverpool win this game but realistically (and thats the key word here) we won't.

MayorDenis wrote:
    You pay tribute to the second part of your name.

who the f**k are you do be slagging someone over their opinion on this match? needlessly as well.

looks like boggles is very right over certain posters on this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

im a chelsea man meself, after seeing both teams european (slightly under)performances during the week, and knowing the attacking game both tems have produced so far this season, im hoping for a cracker 90mins! hope everybody enjoys the game, im going for a chelsea 3-2 win. kalou, lamps and belletti (if he plays,if not deco) to score,and kuyt to score 2goals for the pool!(only cos iv kuyt in my fantasy team!!):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

i'll be avoiding this game like the plague...i would love if it was a 3-3 draw or somethin but just no it will be 0-0 or 1-0 chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

we're improving year on year, but we still cant compete with chelsea imo. they've got too much for us.

would settle for a draw, but would love to see that winning streak end. this would be the kinda win that could put the team on another level mentally.

it'll be pretty tight again i reckon anyway, prolly a special goal that settles it

Jazzy wrote: »
    who the f**k are you do be slagging someone over their opinion on this match? needlessly as well.

looks like boggles is very right over certain posters on this forum

Actually I like everyone hear am entitled to say what ever I so ****ing choose be that telling someone that there comment is stupid and that there name which includes the world fool is apt.
    If only you had something In your name that was particularily ripe for being turned on you.
    all you do is cry when people disagree you've been on what can only be described as a crying spree for a while now.

"who the f**k are you do be...." what kind of nonsense is that? In fact why am I explaining myself to you, commoner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anyway... a draw would be nice

RasTa wrote: »
    Anyway... a draw would be nice

how dare you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Im rooting for Liverpool. Aside from me seeing Chelsea as the bigger threat, somebody has to ****ing end this Stanford bridge run. Rafa has a talent over Chelsea in knock outs, lets hope he can do it here.

PHB just said he's rooting for Liverpool and that Rafa has a talent!

I smell a new sig! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mr Alan wrote: »
    PHB just said he's rooting for Liverpool and that Rafa has a talent!

I smell a new sig! ;)

hah, a bit of editing license with it and voila;
    PHB wrote:
    I'm rooting for Liverpool.......Rafa has a talent

dont worry phb, i wouldn't stoop that low...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

mayordenis wrote: »
    Actually I like everyone hear am entitled to say what ever I so ****ing choose be that telling someone that there comment is stupid and that there name which includes the world fool is apt.
    If only you had something In your name that was particularily ripe for being turned on you.
    all you do is cry when people disagree you've been on what can only be described as a crying spree for a while now.

"who the f**k are you do be...." what kind of nonsense is that? In fact why am I explaining myself to you, commoner.

nah. ur just impolite and bigoted. simple as that. its a common syndrome on this forum - its called get over yourself.

your calling astrofool a fool cos he chose to say that liverpool will be made look ordinary on sunday. think about that. really. give pause and think. do the stats back u up? no. do the facts back u up? no.
    yet u call someone else a fool for stating wat they think.

crybaby? moi?

ohhhh did someone touch ur sensitive little button by suggesting an opinion based on fact that liverpool might possibly lose this sunday? id say that cut deep. did u watch the latest south park? the one were cartman fights wendy? u remind of cartman throwing shapes goin' "what up dawg. thats how i roll dawg". pathetic. simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

PHB wrote: »
    Im rooting for Liverpool. Aside from me seeing Chelsea as the bigger threat, somebody has to ****ing end this Stanford bridge run. Rafa has a talent over Chelsea in knock outs, lets hope he can do it here.

I'd echo that aswell, if Liverpool do get a win at the Bridge, they have to be taken as serious title contenders.

There I said it, I'm off to the shower with a wire brush to clean off this dirt. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

im thinking it'll be a draw and liverpool will look to clog the centre of midfield.

Put Masch on deco and let stevie and alonso work the rest and hope for a few chances to spring on the break.

Would prefer to see Kuyt on the wing as his willingness to work hard and run could negate Chelsea's attacking wing back.

Keane(if fit)up top on his own wouldnt be too bad as he has played leading man for Spurs with Berbatov supporting him(use Gerrard in that role).

Still,if Chelsea get an early goal that gameplan will be out the window.

Chelsea have to be big favourites but a result of any sort here leaves Liverpool confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Now I want a Pool win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

very nice of everton to hold utd, makes tomorrows game even more interesting with 3 points giving a nice lead of utd

come on you blues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I really think this is gonna be a fantastic year for the premiership!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I really think this is gonna be a fantastic year for the premiership!

It has been fantastic for fans of United, Chelsea, and Arsenal for years. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Anybody have an idea of the Liverpool team for tomorrow?

Reina

Arbeloa Carragher Agger Aurelio

Mascherano Alonso

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Keane

Thats my guess anyway. Chelsea 2--0

• Advertisement

Hard to know. If Keane is not available then I'm guessing Rafa will either stick Kuyt up front and replace him on the right with Benayoun (who will get killed by Cole), or leave Kuyt as he is on the right and lash Babel up front in a rare start.

Either way, he could be cautious and instead of looking like a 4-2-3-1 we could just look like a packed midfield 4-5-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

spockety wrote: »
    Hard to know. If Keane is not available then I'm guessing Rafa will either stick Kuyt up front and replace him on the right with Benayoun (who will get killed by Cole), or leave Kuyt as he is on the right and lash Babel up front in a rare start.

Either way, he could be cautious and instead of looking like a 4-2-3-1 we could just look like a packed midfield 4-5-1.

Hope to feck Yossi doesn't start. Yossi on the right with Arbeloa at right back is too weak for me against Chelsea at the Bridge.
    If Keane is injured, keep Kuyt out the right and possibly Ngog up front. Start Riera on the left with the option of Babel coming on later.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wish I could be as confident as a lot of the other pool fans in here, but I think a draw would be an excellent result for us. It is not outside the realms of possibilities that we could get a chasing the way chelsea re playing, but i think it is unlikely really. I think maybe 1-0 or 2-1 to Chelsea with 1-1 being or most likely chance of a draw. I can't see the game being scoreless, but if it is afer 70 mins, then who knows, we could easily grab an unlikely win at that point.

Chelsea's win has to end at some point, I just don't see it being this weeken sadly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Chelsea 2-0 imo

"This is what I want from my team as well and it is what they give me. That's why Sunday will be a fantastic game - a clash of the invincibles."-Scolari..

im really excited about this one!
    sticking with my earlier prediction, 3-2 to the blues

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

It has been fantastic for fans of United, Chelsea, and Arsenal for years. ;)

Arsenal? Thy run out of steam every year :confused: Personally I think Wenger is one of the most underachieving overrated managers in the league given the squad and finances he has.

My mind says Chelsea win or draw, but you must take into account that when Liverpool last needed to pull it off in the CL they overturned their no goals in SB record of 4 odd years running and, had it not been for the bizarre Riise own goal, would have grabbed qualification there (Liverpool v Man U in the CL final, if ever there was a sadder no- match :( ) Right now they are on a similar roll, and have the oppurtinity to open a fairly decent gap on Man U (thanks Everton :) ) A win here and next week and another bad result for United and it could well leave the PL as a two horse race.

I know it is early days but if the Pool won the league and Man U were edged into 5th by little old Hull, jesus :D

shane86 wrote: »
    I know it is early days but if the Pool won the league and Man U were edged into 5th by little old Hull, jesus :D

that would be a good day(bar the pool winning part!)
    go on the hull!!!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ive a good feeling about the match today, its been a long time since we've been involved in a Top 2 match. A good chance to show we are for real this year and get a good gap opened on United

From RAWK

Reina

Arbeloa
    Carragher
    Agger
    Aurelio

Mascherano
    Alonso

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Riera

Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Chelsea to dominate the game and win by two goals.

If that's right spock, I'd say almost every Liverpool fan would've guessed same :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

From RAWK

Reina

Arbeloa
    Carragher
    Agger
    Aurelio

Mascherano
    Alonso

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Riera

Keane

Fantasy Rafa going well for me this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

A Liverpool win today is asking an awful lot, they have too much going against them.

They are not playing at the same level as Chelsea.
    4 years unbeaten at home.
    Rafa has never beaten a top 4 side in the league away.
    Havn't scored at the Bridge in the league in nearly 5 years.
    Top scorer and best player missing.

I can only see 2 possible outcomes, Chelsea win or a draw.

I think it will be 2-0, 3-1 Chelsea, Will be shouting for the Scouse today thou, hopefully they can nick the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fingers crossed Chelsea win but I can see a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool Subs: Cavalieri, Hyypia, Babel, Lucas, Pennant, Keane, Dossena.

Chelsea

Cech, Bosingwa, Terry, Carvalho, A. Cole, Kalou, Lampard, Mikel, Malouda, Deco, Anelka.

Mike

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

As a United supporter the ideal result is is a draw but if one team has to win then I`ll take Chelsea please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Howard Webb is ref, one of the very few capable of reffing this type of game

Draw or Chelsea win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Blue is the colour....

Come on Chelsea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Mike

Keane's a good player, but not good enough to be on the starting XI AND the bench:). There's a mistake on the LFC.tv website. We'll have to wait to see who the last sub is. I'm guessing Benayoun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Chelsea

Cech, Bosingwa, Terry, Carvalho, A. Cole, Kalou, Lampard, Mikel, Malouda, Deco, Anelka.

Mike

keanes so good they named him twice? He's playing and on the bench?

Chelsea

Mike

Subs: Cavalieri, Hyypia, Babel, Lucas, Pennant, Benayoun, Dossena.
    Substitutes: 23 Carlo Cudicini, 2 Branislav Ivanovic, 19 Paulo Ferreira, 33 Alex, 35 Juliano Belletti, 17 Scott Sinclair, 9 Franco Di Santo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone got any good streams for the game ? My sky sports aint working :(

• Advertisement

http://rojadirecta.com/

for all your stream needs

Advertisement