Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb rolling cap

Options
  • 24-10-2008 12:04am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know digiweb have a rolling cap, I had exceededmy 30GB limit on my 6MB metro but was away for a week and have come back to find that i'm still getting throttled, any ideas what the problem is?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

you sure most of that wasnt a lot of downloading just before the week you left. some people i know get caught on this, they keep fairly consistent throughout the month maybe averaging 1/2 gig a day but then before the month is up they can clock up 8 and 9 gb on days, so have to wait until it rolls passed that on he next month before they see significant decreases in their allowance

check:

http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/

For example: :p
    image2yl1.th.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

No i started getting restricted a week to 10 days before i left,so 2.5 weeks ago, I checked the traffic guide and its pretty much the same as when I left

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Maybe try ring them and ask why you are still restricted, maybe metro is policed more than DSL, im on DSL right now and rarely ever get throttled anymore, for a few days mine was about 67Gb, today im down to 61Gb, and i only have a 60Gb allowance. Im pretty sure its automated though, maybe there's a problem with it. for example anyone going over their limit now wont get restricted but anyone who was restricted before the problem is stuck untill its refreshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

OP same thing happened to me a few weeks ago and i have same package as you 6Mb/30GB Metro so i rang them and they said that they let their customers go to 36GB before they throttle but it won't be unthrottled untill they get the 6GB back under what it should be. Basically once it gets down to 24GB. So really you have to lose 12GB before it goes back to normal. But its not very fair as i continued to use the net and download updates for my pc/xbox/ps3 at the horrible 140Kb speeds and put up another 3 or 4 gigs thinking it wouldn't count as it was after i got throttled but it did so it turned out i had to lose about 15/16 GB before it went back to normal.
    I hope this makes sense because its quite hard to explain and i've just finished 12 hour shift but it just isn't a very fair system at all.

Advertisement