Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade for Geforce 7300LE + 305 Watt power supply

Options
  • 24-10-2008 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭

Thats the current setup. I'm not entirely sure its PCI-e x16 but it probably is. Anyway its my dad's PC, he already splashed 100 bucks on a Saitek X52 Joystick system to play flight simulator X but you cant run it smoothly without bringing all the settings to their minimums, so it looks like crap.

Basically, need to find the most cost effective upgrade for this build.

2,0Ghz Dual Core
    2 GB Ram
    Windows Vista Premium
    305Watts (three zero five)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&category_id=7051&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&mfgpid=184891

Preferably ATI...nVidia's been a douche lately.

Best Buy has some great graphics cards but they all retty much demand you get at Least a 450Watt supply, so thats another $100 right there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So I leaned him on to a 4850 and a 550w supply, but he's still afraid he wont see any improvement in his flight sim :rolleyes:

Just out of interest, has anyone been able to max out flight sim X effectively?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Flight sim is more cpu & ram bound than gpu, I can max it @ 1920x1200 (sig), my friend with a 9800gs can max it @ 1280x1024 also with a quad (3.2Ghz oc) and 4GB ram

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I finally got it all installed there a few minutes ago and gave it a run. Just tried Medium High settings to be conservative but the rig could definitely handle more.

1.86Ghz Core2 2GB Ram HD4850 512MB DDR3 256-bit

After the old man is done having his bi-annual gamer binge I'm gonna sneak Sins of a Solar Empire on there for a whack :p

Advertisement