Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G Broadband Problem

Options
  • 24-10-2008 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, Im having a problem with my modem. I have Great 3g coverage but when the modem is in 3g (blue LED) it will not load pages in the browser.

Im using iExplore - latest version

I contacted Vodafone and they said that its not a problem of there concern and thath it must be my computer. But i bought a new laptop last week and it does load the pages in 3g on it either.

Basicly whats happing at the min is that the modem connects to 3g, then realises the page wont load and drops down to the HSDPA connection which then loads the pages fine but slow.

Has anyone else experienced this prob? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Have you tryed useing it on the pc you are on now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Im using it at the mo (on the HSDPA) its flows back and forth from the 3G - HSDPA. When it stays on the 3G the pages wont load in the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Smcgie wrote: »

Basicly whats happing at the min is that the modem connects to 3g, then realises the page wont load and drops down to the HSDPA connection which then loads the pages fine but slow.

HSDPA(3.5G+) in theroy is faster than a normal 3G connection. If anything pages should load faster over a HSDPA connection than a 3G one....

I'd call vodafone again.....your problem is contention not network signal..

best of look with the phone call...let us know how you get one...;)

HSDPA(3.5G+) in theroy is faster than a normal 3G connection. If anything pages should load faster over a HSDPA connection than a 3G one.

That's what i thought but the clown on the other end told me otherwise :confused: I'll get on to them in the morning. There only open from 8-8.

If the pages are loading in HSDAP, they should be loading in 3G... Right?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Smcgie wrote: »
    That's what i thought but the clown on the other end told me otherwise :confused: I'll get on to them in the morning. There only open from 8-8.

If the pages are loading in HSDAP, they should be loading in 3G... Right?? :)

No, wrong...I hate to break it to you but Your at nothing calling them, you've just got to put up with it...there's nothing the chap on the other end of the line can do to fix your problem...

all mobile 3g suffer the same problem......sorry but your just gonna have to grin and bear it or jump to another provider....

• Advertisement

No, wrong...I hate to break it to you but Your at nothing calling them, you've just got to put up with it...there's nothing the chap on the other end of the line can do to fix your problem...

all mobile 3g suffer the same problem......sorry but your just gonna have to grin and bear it or jump to another provider....

Why aren't there more straight talking people like you on here. Thank you for saving me time & effort going on a wild goose chase.

At least I dont feel like a black sheep .Thanks your a Gentleman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Unfortunately, you don't have much choice in what mobile internet provider to change to. I left 3 a few months ago because it was freakin' awful (the mmmegathread on the top of the page doesn't lie). O2 who I'm with now was fine for a while but it looks like it's heading down the 3 road of being unusable at night.

The fundamental problem with mobile internet (it's not broadband by any stretch of the imagination) is that once you have too many people using the service, speeds drop. There are a lot of people going on line with the mobile providers and as numbers increase, you run into these issues. This sort of mobile internet is also affected by weather conditions. Try going online on a night where it's absolutely bucketing rain :(

Advertisement