Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops around Carlowish area

Options
  • 24-10-2008 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey there folks I'm looking to find a source for plasticard and I've no idea where to find it. If anyone could direct me I'd really apreciate it. Really want to get into a project, but have need of it to start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I've only ever used www.towerhobbies.com for that kind of stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I thought every art shop sold plasticard? But I have not bought is for many years since I found that birch ply is easier to work with, glues stronger, and the model shops have birch ply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 der2

coolwings wrote: »
    I thought every art shop sold plasticard?

thats probably the case, but I'm only getting into the hobby and am at a loss to find any of the materials, so I appreciate the pointer, cheers.

also thanks for the link, but I'm really just looking for local sources if I can manage, otherwise I have another site I'd try for the particular types of things I want, though its a great site, had me a quick browse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

der2 wrote: »
    ... I'm really just looking for local sources if I can .....

Try here for a Dublin one:
    www.greenhobbymodel.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭NervyChick

This may be a little too late but the art shop in carlow does it.. Got some there in august..
    Its in supervalue (formaly known as the L&N) car park which is just accross from the chartbusters side entrance of superquinn

• Advertisement
Advertisement