Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Pressure Problem

• 24-10-2008 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Any plumbers that can advise?

I have a cold mains Shower (Mira Sport Max) that is now nigh on useless as the water pressure in my area is so low that it will not give the shower enough pressure to work.. It cuts out when the pressure is too low!

Am I able to add a water pump on the mains line in the attic that will add pressure to the water to drive the shower?

I am on the brink of replacing it but with a sparks install I would rather save and get a pump instead of a new shower?

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

did you check / clean the incoming filter??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

The mains water showers are never as good IMHO. As you pointed out susceptible to variations in mains pressure. If you can have a tank in the attic that has enough head you will then can have constant pressure even if the mains pressure fluctuates. With this set up a Triton T90 or Mira equivelent is great. I know this may be easier said than done! The shower you currently have is not designed to have a water pump in line with it. This may cause other problems.

Are you sure that the pipe in your attic is mains water?? Perhaps this is your problem, it is not mains water, but a lower pressure water pipe without enough head.

How high is your attic relitive to the shower? Is there a tank in your attic?

If it is, why is it there? Perhaps it is supplying a tank there that you could use to supply your shower. Your shower feed should have its own 1/2" feed with nothing else tapped off it.

I hope this helps!

Advertisement