Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with all the soccer jerseys at the Rotunda ?

Options
  • 24-10-2008 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Was driving to work this morning and coming around the north of the Rotunda I noticed alot of soccer jersyes and scarfs etc tied to the railings on the north-west corner.
    Can anyone enlighten me on what happened there ? The ones I noticed were Manchester United with a few domestic ones but there was probably all sorts there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Jip wrote: »
    Was driving to work this morning and coming around the north of the Rotunda I noticed alot of soccer jersyes and scarfs etc tied to the railings on the north-west corner.
    Can anyone enlighten me on what happened there ? The ones I noticed were Manchester United with a few domestic ones but there was probably all sorts there.

Sounds like a memorial... was someone killed there recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

AFAIK, a young lad was killed in a bike accident there recently. I think he was an underage player with Bohs.

edit::: found it:

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/soccermad-adam-16-dies-after-tragic-city-bike-crash-1504544.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

That must be the one, didn't notice it earlier this week even though the accident happened Saturday.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

A better source than that rag http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1020/rta.html

This was bound to happen, Adam Moran was a .........<SNIP>..........after Shamrock Rovers matches around the Dorset St area. It's been on talkshows in Dublin several times, e.g. Adrian Kennedy and Joe Duffy but the Guards never had the thought of having 2 Guards on duty around there.

The night in question, Rovers were playign at home to Pats........<SNIP>........ and he got knocked down.

This is a link about a young lad getting a bottle over the face and losing his eye after a Shels match in Tolka, ....<SNIP>........http://bohsnews.wordpress.com/2008/03/18/glassed-shels-fan-16-loses-eye/

And to finish off with words from that article from Bohemians FC spokesman Gerry Conway:
    “It is only a matter of time before someone dies.”

RIP Adam.

Moderator Edit: Careful now Gavin! - we can't allow unsubstantiated claims here.

WA

adam1dg3.jpg
    w640.png
    adam2vv1.jpg
    w640.png
    adam3ah4.jpg
    w640.png
    adam4kq8.jpg
    w640.png

Got these off the Bohs forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Jip wrote: »
    That must be the one, didn't notice it earlier this week even though the accident happened Saturday.
    Thanks.

Saw the aftermath of the crash on Saturday from a taxi while going past:
    2 bikes, 1 small car on the ground, Gardaí everywhere, etc.

I first noticed the memorial on wednesday, but it could've been there longer

Wish these aren't "we can't allow unsubstantiated claims here", I was told by 2 Rovers "fans" there ...<SNIP>... the other lad on the bikes girlfriend (from a mate) and several others mentioned it on the Bohs forum.

As for the Shels incident with the eye, I witnessed Bohs "fans" running down Richmond and know 3 people involved.

Not to mention a mate of mine was one of his best mates and all this is basically confirmed.

Everything was fact without proper sources from the rag or RTÉ.

Moderator Edit: Gavin, you are effectively an anonymous person posting on an internet forum. For that reason we can't post potentially false claims about named private individuals. What is mentioned in the Bohs Forum is irrelevant here.

WA

325057vj9.jpg[/URL]
    w400.png

Held up at the end of the Pats game in Inchicore tonight, great to see the Bohs players actually doing this, must be a first.. There was minutes applause aswell pre-match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

The above is nonsense and should be deleted right away, a young lad died, The FAI had a minutes applause for him before tonights live televised game, Bohs players displayed a tribute to him after the game, Gavin saying things are fact because you heard them from a friend is not accetable in this case, have some respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The OP's question has been answered - thread closed.

(It may be more appropriate over in the Soccer Forum)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement