Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Off The Road - NCT Question.

Options
  • 24-10-2008 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I am just getting my car back on the road after having it off the road for a the last 14 months. I will be heading down to the Guards to get the tax form stamped so I can tax it from now. Does this affect the NCT? My NCT expired in January 2007. So if I get it tested now will I have to go back in Jan 2009 (is it back-dated)? Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes it will have to go in again in january 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

If its done inside 3 months of due date of the test it'll last for the 2 years plus the early time, ie if its due Jan 10 then anytime after 10 Nov will get you the cert for the next cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Wait until November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

DannyBuoy wrote: »
    If its done inside 3 months of due date of the test it'll last for the 2 years plus the early time, ie if its due Jan 10 then anytime after 10 Nov will get you the cert for the next cycle.
    Are you sure this applies of the current cert is out of date?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

DannyBuoy wrote: »

That only applies to cars that are being tested for the first time and nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope. It applies to all cars subject to the test.

Advertisement