Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Arann just cancelled our flight without notification...

Options
  • 24-10-2008 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Unbelievable! Arrive to galway airport at 7am to get the Dublin flight...'Oh ya, sorry that flight has been cancelled...did ya not get an email?'...an EMAIL!! :eek: Plans were in tatters, had to buy my girlfriend a new flight at the cost of €250 from shannon as she has to be in Paris today....Does anyone know if there is an Aer Arann strike on or what?? Can't get through to the b@stards either :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Huh no notice? Did they give you the reason for cancelling the flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

kayos wrote: »
    Huh no notice? Did they give you the reason for cancelling the flight?

Nope, yer one at the desk just took our names and said you should get a refund in 7 days. She just said "it was cancelled, I don't know any more details"...I was actually speechless. I felt like I had just got a boot in the stones and paid money for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Unbelievable! Arrive to galway airport at 7am to get the Dublin flight...'Oh ya, sorry that flight has been cancelled...did ya not get an email?'...an EMAIL!! :eek: Plans were in tatters, had to buy my girlfriend a new flight at the cost of €250 from shannon as she has to be in Paris today....Does anyone know if there is an Aer Arann strike on or what?? Can't get through to the b@stards either :mad:

With the wind last night and this morning, i am not surprised the flight was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah either the storm or the new cutbacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Xenophon

Hi,

If they only told you when you turned up at the airport then you are entitled to compensation as well as a refund!
    http://www.aviationreg.ie/Cancellation/Default.209.html

Give them a hard time - they might go on about the weather, but if you keep at it you should get something out of them to get you to go away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Xenophon wrote: »
    Hi,

If they only told you when you turned up at the airport then you are entitled to compensation as well as a refund!

Give them a hard time - they might go on about the weather, but if you keep at it you should get something out of them to get you to go away!
    If an airline can prove that the cancellation was caused by an extraordinary circumstance which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures were taken no compensation is payable.

Examples of extraordinary circumstances are meteorological conditions

Not if it is the weather...

Xenophon wrote: »
    Hi,

thanks for that...I won't stop wrecking their heads till I get compensation

Not if it is the weather...

there wasn't a puff of wind or a drop of rain at 7am this morning

Maybe but the plane and crew mightn't have been able to leave whereever they were yesterday due to the wind, giving a knock on.

Try it anyways and see but don't spend that compensation just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Where? Galway or Paris?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

if she asked you did you not receive an email about the cancellation, then they would have had to have know a bit in advance to go email all passengers supposed to be flying. although yesterday was bad the evening was fine but it did get very windy about 3am again..i live out by airport...and id find it hard to believe they were sending out passengers cancellation emails at that time!
    did you get an email from them?

fifib wrote: »
    if she asked you did you not receive an email about the cancellation, then they would have had to have know a bit in advance to go email all passengers supposed to be flying. although yesterday was bad the evening was fine but it did get very windy about 3am again..i live out by airport...and id find it hard to believe they were sending out passengers cancellation emails at that time!
    did you get an email from them?

Nope, no email. I checked my confirmation email and they obviously had the right address and my mobile number. Absolutely shocking state of affairs. The lady at the desk said that a good few other people were not informed either

mikom wrote: »
    Where? Galway or Paris?

flight was galway to Dublin. I should point out that we obviously missed the connecting flight to Paris...lost money on that aswell, it was over €100

Down at least €350...thanks aer arann :(

Advertisement