Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Pay - Will i get paid?

Options
  • 24-10-2008 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have been off from 21st - today (4days) i have got a doctors sick note for a throat infection, will i get payed for these 4days i was off sick.

Some people @ work are saying:
    • Your dont get payed for the 1st three days
    • You only get payed for the days after the 1st three.
    others are saying
    • Once you have a sick note for being off the 4 days sick you will get payed.
    Whos right? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It depends on what your employer decides.

Your employer is not obliged to pay you at all.

The government will give you sickness benefit for one day if you claim it.

Check your employment contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Thanks Seamus, i will prob have to go down the route of applying to the welfare for the 4 days off sick.

That would be a matter of just visting the social welfare office- right?

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The forms might be available on the website. I had to do this recently when I had surgery and was off work for a month.

My doctor provided me with the forms, which he/she also has to fill out and sign. Once that's done, post them into the Social Welfare and they will pay you a few weeks later.

This link should help.

It should be written in your work contract how many sick leave days you get with and without pay.

Advertisement