Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

relt epoch

Options
  • 24-10-2008 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, i work in retail in Cork as a manager of a small boutique, and the owner also works there. He is always around when I am there. There is a huge staff turnover in there directly because of him.

Over the last few weeks, he has been so rude to me it's unbelievable. I'm being treated like a total incompetent, even though I have been responsible for turning the store around (with awards to prove the fact).

After putting up with it for long enough, I decided to confront him yesterday morning. I basically said that I was very unhappy the way I was being treated and I read a list of examples of his innappropriate behavior. He called me argumentative and that he had rang a former employer (whom had given me a glowing written reference) and he had been told that I was a very poor worker.

I know that the owner is lying about this, and I have had enough. I'm a strong enough person, but even I'm beginning to crack.

I am planning of telling him that I am going out to meet with the employer that gave me that reference and to find out the truth, just to call his bluff. AFAIK, Its illegal to give a bad reference, and if he knows this, he will retract his statement as there will probably be legal ramifications to such a lie.

Because I have stated that I am unhappy and because I have also stated that we are in breach of H+S due to the freezing cold in the store., I expect to get the bullet later today when he returns from a business meeting.

All advice would be very helpful!!!

Advertisement