Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Semi-finals

• 24-10-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭

Really looking forward to the Pat's match tonight. Our last chance at silverware this season. It's gonna be a tough one, obviously with Bohs being Champions, but also with players missing.
    Dessie Byrne, Stephen Paisley, Gary O' Neill, John Murphy and Bobby Ryan all out injured with Mark Quigley a major doubt and Jason Gavin and Derek O' Brien both cup-tied.
    It's hard to see where our goals will come from because Glen Fitzpatrick is an absolute donkey and 18 year old Stephen Fitzpatrick, who started against Galway on Monday may play some part. The fact that Bohs have such a good defensive record this season doesn't bode well for the Saints.
    I'm sure Jamie Harris will be put up forward if things aren't looking great, but hopefully the likes of Keith Fahey and Ryan Guy can provide a goal threat.
    Bohs have sold out their allocation and there's just under a thousand tickets left so should be a cracking atmosphere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Tonights game should be good, Derry need to up there game again have been dire since beating Linfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

ye cant wait for the match tonight, dont no if ill go or not tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I take its the Pats v Bohs game on the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Trilla wrote: »

Yeah, it's on RTE2, KO 7:35PM.

The other one is on RTE as well, i think. Sunday!

ye cant wait for the match tonight, dont no if ill go or not tho.

Why wouldn't you? There'll be a great atmosphere there. You'll enjoy it!

• Advertisement

depends...i'll cycle over if its ok'ish out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Want to go meself but sick at the minute.

Watch it on the box instead:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Is this not sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Tearing my hair out as I can't go :(... glad it's on the box. :)

Richmond has been a happy hunting ground for Bohs of late, but of course it's a cup match etc. Even with the Fahey factor, I'd say Bohs have to be favourites.

Is this not sold out?

Still tickets left. Should be about five thousand there i'd say

• Advertisement

SectionF wrote: »
    Tearing my hair out as I can't go :(... glad it's on the box. :)

Richmond has been a happy hunting ground for Bohs of late, but of course it's a cup match etc. Even with the Fahey factor, I'd say Bohs have to be favourites.

I'd say Bohs are definately favourites.

Pat's best chance of goals i think will be from midfield or maybe Jamie Harris getting his head onto it from a corner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I hope Pat's win tonight, and lose the Final.

It's been eleventy million years since SPA won the cup, be funny if they failed at the final.

Both games on RTE Pats Bohs tonight and Galway Derry at 3:15 on Sunday right after the Chelsea Liverpool game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Alot of players missing for Pats tonight, Bohs have more or less a full squad to choose from? I'm guessing Anto Murphy is out, which is a good thing imo. Not sure if Powell is back yet? I'd like to see this:

[PHP]
    Murphy
    Heary
    McGuinness----Oman
    Powell
    O Donnell
    Joxer
    Deegan
    Brennan
    Kalonas

Crowe
    [/PHP]

Des wrote: »

It's been eleventy million years since SPA won the cup, be funny if they failed at the final.

You're just evil, plain and simple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Murphy is cup tied. Liking that lineup but Id say Jason Byrne will play instead of Joxer.

Des wrote: »

A repeat of 2 years ago

1-0 and they fuc#ed it up
    2-1 and they fuc#ed it up
    3-2 and they fuc#ed it up
    4-3 and we won the Cup :)

A repeat of 2 years ago

1-0 and they fuc#ed it up
    2-1 and they fuc#ed it up
    3-2 and they fuc#ed it up
    4-3 and we won the Cup :)

C'mon Galway!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

I have to slum it out on the bus this evening? What's the quickest one to get, considering it will be Friday rush hour? The 51/B/C from Aston Quay? The 19?

Alot of players missing for Pats tonight, Bohs have more or less a full squad to choose from? I'm guessing Anto Murphy is out, which is a good thing imo. Not sure if Powell is back yet? I'd like to see this:

[PHP]
    Murphy
    Heary
    McGuinness----Oman
    Powell
    O Donnell
    Joxer
    Deegan
    Brennan
    Kalonas

Crowe
    [/PHP]
    Did I hear that Fenn may be back in the reckoning? If so, I'd love to see him team up with Kalonas and showboat for the telly.

• Advertisement

podge018 wrote: »
    I have to slum it out on the bus this evening? What's the quickest one to get, considering it will be Friday rush hour? The 51/B/C from Aston Quay? The 19?

The 78A from Aston Quay usually gets there in about 15-20 minutes

Do people still think Pats are the best team in the country?

what a touch by fahey for the goal....he's my favourite player in the whole wide world...i want to change my username.

They really are a one man team.

bohsman wrote: »
    Do people still think Pats are the best team in the country?
    Like Pats did until a short time ago? :D

Absolutely slaughtered them. O'Donnell and Deegan snuffed out Fahey for most of the game - we got just a brief glimpse of what he can do.

As usual, Rico's commentary was wildly biased, but he did come out with one good insight. Most of the players on this Bohs team were there before Fenlon arrived, but Nutsy has transformed them.

Advertisement