Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes a kiss?

Options
  • 24-10-2008 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Just musing this morning and the question popped into my head-what makes a kiss special/wonderful/exciting/your adjective here?
    Now I know many of you will immediately say the person you are with, but you can have crap kisses with a person you like, so there has to be more to it than that? What are the ladies thoughts on what makes a kiss wonderful?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Soft full moist lips with just the right amount of pressure. Lots of little smooches with smiles and eye contact inbetween. Gentle sucking on upper and lower lips inerspersed with some tongue. Touching of face/neck with fingers, rubbing noses and some more eye contact... All done with a slight sense of urgencey and longing about the whole thing :)

Its hard to describe really now after reading back on that...

I prefer that to full on lip locking and tonsil hockey for 10 mins. Theres a time and a place for that too, but here im just talking about what makes a nice kiss a nice kiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I think romance makes the kiss. Too often i find people see a kiss as the start of some bed action and its tongues rammed down your throat and hands going on the move while you're distracted which ends up distracting you from the kiss and personally i find quite off putting. Whats wrong with a kiss just being a kiss these days?

I want details on the story behind the question before I'll give my insight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Bendihorse wrote: »
    Soft full moist lips with just the right amount of pressure. Lots of little smooches with smiles and eye contact inbetween. Gentle sucking on upper and lower lips inerspersed with some tongue. Touching of face/neck with fingers, rubbing noses and some more eye contact... All done with a slight sense of urgencey and longing about the whole thing :)

Its hard to describe really now after reading back on that...

I prefer that to full on lip locking and tonsil hockey for 10 mins. Theres a time and a place for that too, but here im just talking about what makes a nice kiss a nice kiss.

What are you doing tonight? :P

I like lots of small kisses too followed by one really long one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

LolaDub wrote: »
    I think romance makes the kiss. Too often i find people see a kiss as the start of some bed action and its tongues rammed down your throat and hands going on the move while you're distracted which ends up distracting you from the kiss and personally i find quite off putting. Whats wrong with a kiss just being a kiss these days?
    Very true I think its really nice when a kiss is just for its own sake
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    I want details on the story behind the question before I'll give my insight. :D

Lack of contact with the outside world for a long period of time? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

The back of your hand doesn't count brian! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I was kissed on the cheek a couple of months ago and it went through me like lightning.

For me, it will always be the person.

Its always the person alright, but the actual act of kissing comes into it too. I kissed a guy once before who i was in love with for ages, the kiss came after a year of will i wont i... It wasn't as electric as i had hoped purely because the kiss itself wasn't great. No slight on him either, think he was nervous at the time...

Equally though, a great kiss with someone you dont have any interest is never as good, hence me saying a great kiss requires a sense of urgency and longing.

Im just saying, while the person is paramount, the kiss is important too.

Ah god i love kissing... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

The anticipation!

Bendihorse got the actual description pretty much nailed!

I really don't need to be gagged with a tongue being rammed down my neck.

Oh and for some reason being in between your man and a wall/bus shelter/corner is great too...

A good kiss/kisser is almost as good as the main course for me!

Going for a cold shower now!

Person is important for me too.
    I have trust issues when it comes to kissing.
    Yes I am a weirdo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

personally its a combination of passion and the person.

no matter if its a small peck or full on snog i get the same great feelin from kissing my oh.. god i hate being soppy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Bendihorse really nailed it there. And while it does depend on the person too, Ive had amazing kisses with guys I havent been intereseted and awful kisses with guys I have really liked... typical. :P

Sometimes the situation adds to how good/romantic the kiss is too. Like being kissed in the rain. *sigh*

I don't know, whenever i have really liked someone they have always turned out to be a good kisser.

Then again, i maintain there are certain characterisitics i am attracted to that lead themselves to certain other, more physical qualities....such as being a good kisser.

I also believe that a bad kisser = a bad lay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dragan wrote: »

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I want to be kissed right now after reading this!
    Ooooh how I miss kissing.
    A guy I used to flirt around with now and again and eventually got together with one night was a fantastic kisser.
    I can't really explain it but we just connected perfectly.
    God damn him for moving to the USA.

Oh and when he kisses you the way i said above, pauses for a moment with your face in his hands, looks into your eyes and drinks you all in, smiles... then kisses you again *Swoon*

I don't know, whenever i have really liked someone they have always turned out to be a good kisser.

Then again, i maintain there are certain characterisitics i am attracted to that lead themselves to certain other, more physical qualities....such as being a good kisser.

Elaborate on these characteristics?

I don't know about the assumed connection, you can be a bad kisser because of what nature has given you, or etiqette, or poor hygenie.
    Things that might not neccessarily impact the other.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Elaborate on these characteristics?

I don't know about the assumed connection, you can be a bad kisser because of what nature has given you, or etiqette, or poor hygenie.
    Things that might not neccessarily impact the other.

I don't know, i think there are those who value a kiss and there are those who don't. Me, i'm a big fan of contact in general, kissing especially.

I kiss people that i want to kiss, not because i want A kiss.

If you value a kiss, then you will make sure that kiss is a good one.

As an example, an ex of mine ended up telling me that after we first kissed, when she said she needed to go to the bathroom, she went and rang her friend and told her she had just been kissed in a way she had never been kissed before. She described it as being "incredible, like you really wanted to kiss me".

Eh, of course i did, thats why i kissed her.

I think a lot of people just see kissing as being almost a prelude, a test to see if it will go anywhere else....so they don't put a huge amount of effort into it. Kiss this person, no further come on then go and kiss someone else.

Me? When i kiss i aim to make your toes curl.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

And not always is a good kisser a good lay! :D

I love kissing ... a perfect day for me would be under the duvet kissing all day long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Oh and when he kisses you the way i said above, pauses for a moment with your face in his hands, looks into your eyes and drinks you all in, smiles... then kisses you again *Swoon*

Ah, sigh. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

A kiss where there's never the expectation of something more. Sure it can lead to more, but I can always tell if a kiss is just a means to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Just musing this morning and the question popped into my head-what makes a kiss special/wonderful/exciting/your adjective here?
    Now I know many of you will immediately say the person you are with, but you can have crap kisses with a person you like, so there has to be more to it than that? What are the ladies thoughts on what makes a kiss wonderful?

I think they are exciting cause there are no other band like them in the world....the image, the sound, the tongue waggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

That is soooo true.. I was going out with a guy that kissed like a jack hammer..... and you guessed it:o

I like it when my OH holds my face gently too. I like slow and sensual kisses with just the right amount of tongue.

Nothing worse than they sensation of someone "tonguing" you it makes me feel quesy

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

a great kiss comes with chemistry and a longing for it! I agree with some previous posts that little kisses followed by a long lingering one are the best!! God this post makes me wanna kiss somene!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

God this post makes me wanna kiss somene!

Yeah I didn't really think of that when I started the thread, if I had I might not have posted it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Good question!

I'm not sure, I don't think it's always the person, but that can make it waaaaaay nicer. I've kissed a couple of horrible (personality-wise) men who were very good kissers, maybe it's if you both have similar turn ons etc? I've confused myself now.

Ooh, edit: anticipation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Kisses are nice in the moment but I find it's the non-lusty, genuinely from the heart affection that sticks in the memory more; e.g. I can better remember the first time one of my girlfriends gave me a kiss on the cheek than last time we snogged when we were a couple, even remember the kisses on the cheek I got from female friends more. Even the first time we held hands sticks more strongly.
    In the end what have you got but memories.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

This thread is giving me DT for lack of kissing!!!
    The first kiss for me is mostly about attraction, chemistry, lust. There has to be a certain length to wait as well, to the point were it almost physically hurts if you don't kiss the person right now!!

A good kisser doesn't just use his lips, hands are so important! Being touched on the face, nape of the neck or hair is really nice.

I wanna be kissed right now!! *demands in Scarlett O'Hara fashion*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Me? When i kiss i aim to make your toes curl.
    love your answer!!!!!:D *mwah*

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

+1
    Very true I think its really nice when a kiss is just for its own sake

+1

I love kissing & cuddling :D

Advertisement