Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes a kiss?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What bendihorse said. It's a talent/skill too. I've known otherwise very sexy women that were utterly crap at it. The funny thing is in the bedroom in all other aspects they could be bloody great, but kissing? Nope. It's a good sign for compatibility for me anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I think they are exciting cause there are no other band like them in the world....the image, the sound, the tongue waggling.

Rather pathetically, I think thats really funny :).

A kiss is what it is. A combination of the moment, the person, the feelings and the timing.

The anticipation counts too, especially for the first kiss when you're in position, with maybe an inch or two before collision, eyes in contact.

If you aren't a little tingly at that point, you're probably wasting your time and his.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

OOh Yes, forgot about tingles... Possibly the most important part of the kiss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

The right kiss can make me believe in god again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

a good kiss for The Bollox:

starts off strong and passionate, but only briefly (a few seconds) before pulling back and lightly kissing on the lips. Then start sucking their lip and tease by pulling away slightly. when you go back bring the tongue in for a bit, not ramming it down her throat, more massaging the tip of her tongue. After that I would put my hands on the back of her head or on her face and hockey her for a bit. then wash, rinse, repeat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ah for me its all about the intent and the emotion and the chemistry. Someone could have great technique, but if theres no chemistry there, its just no good.

It can be so fecking great though. Have serious dts right now myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

The Bollox wrote: »
    a good kiss for The Bollox:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I thought we were gonna get a lesson in actual bollocks kissing:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

fits wrote: »
    Ah for me its all about the intent and the emotion and the chemistry. Someone could have great technique, but if theres no chemistry there, its just no good.

It can be so fecking great though. Have serious dts right now myself.

Well I think you can have some very good kissing with someone you aren't particularly crazy about or know all that well, but what pushes it into the amazing category is the desire.

New thread-who wants to kiss! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I never said you had to know them well :D

fits wrote: »
    I never said you had to know them well :D

well that's where chemistry comes from isn't it? *senses new thread*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DJ_Brady

:) ahhh I want a kiss now lol..
    Hopefully I'll get one soon next weekend hopefully.
    What if you havent kissed a lot of people though? Does that make you any less of a kisser?
    I remember this one girl I kissed with went nearly 15 minutes non stop it was the best kiss I ever had.:o

well that's where chemistry comes from isn't it? *senses new thread*

God lord no! Chemistry is when your brain chemical sabotage your logic centres.
    Because your dna fancies making an 18 year commitment to hers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

A good kiss, imo, is dependent on how compatible your kissing styles are. In a way, you both need to kiss the same.

I remember a guy I kissed years ago and it was awful! It was sloppy and way too fast. He kissed a girl I know a few weeks after me and she reckons he was the best kisser ever.

You're only as good as the person you're kissing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

I agree with the general opinion, it really does depends on the connection you have with the person, the time and the place... I can't describe the ideal kiss...I tend to like a bit of variation :cool:

Last great kiss I had was 20-something minutes long, in the middle of a club.....suffice it to say bending backwards over a chair was involved :D

God I should go out more.....
    *makes plans to abandon assignments tomorrow night*

DJ_Brady wrote: »
    :) ahhh I want a kiss now lol..
    Hopefully I'll get one soon next weekend hopefully.
    What if you havent kissed a lot of people though? Does that make you any less of a kisser?
    A certain amount of practise helps imo.
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    God lord no! Chemistry is when your brain chemical sabotage your logic centres.
    Because your dna fancies making an 18 year commitment to hers.

:P you're crazy! must be the ginge...
    Chinafoot wrote: »
    A good kiss, imo, is dependent on how compatible your kissing styles are. In a way, you both need to kiss the same.

I remember a guy I kissed years ago and it was awful! It was sloppy and way too fast. He kissed a girl I know a few weeks after me and she reckons he was the best kisser ever.

You're only as good as the person you're kissing.

that's really interesting never thought about it like that. I always felt there are things that almost everyone would like, and then with certain partners you tailor that a bit to suit each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DJ_Brady

I want a girl, to kiss me, and like it!

A certain amount of practise helps imo.

:.

Knots... cherry stems... is that what you mean?

I was thinking more some practical experience. It also helps if you ask questions, you don't learn if you don't ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

One thing that can ruin a good kiss is bad breath, regardless of how much you like the person or how meaningful it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Weidii wrote: »
    One thing that can ruin a good kiss is bad breath, regardless of how much you like the person or how meaningful it is.

Very true.....also the morning breath issue....but it can be overlooked from time to time :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Aw God, I love kissing. Kissing rules. Kissing is just the greatest thing in the world.

I think my favourite kisses are the sweet little ones, like when you're snuggled up on the couch with himself (or whoever) and all wrapped up in his arms and every now and again he just kisses you. God I just love it. :)

Little tiny kisses on your forehead or your nose. And then those really passionate kisses where you never want to let them go.

Kisses with someone you don't care about just don't even compare to kissing someone you love.

Wow. I just love kissing. :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Was just discussing Twin Peaks in the pub earlier. ;)

It was a very popular activity for pubescent american girls - don;t know if it still is - it was a long time ago, but not particular to or invented by Twin Peaks.

First and only place I ever came across it. Impressive trick all the same.

fonpokno wrote: »
    Aw God, I love kissing. Kissing rules. Kissing is just the greatest thing in the world.

I think my favourite kisses are the sweet little ones, like when you're snuggled up on the couch with himself (or whoever) and all wrapped up in his arms and every now and again he just kisses you. God I just love it. :)

Little tiny kisses on your forehead or your nose. And then those really passionate kisses where you never want to let them go.

Kisses with someone you don't care about just don't even compare to kissing someone you love.

Wow. I just love kissing. :)

Man kissing is awesome, why am I not kissing someone right now???? this thread has kind of backfired tbh... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

In my humble opinion, the best sort of kisses are the ones that touch you to the very core, that make your stomach lurch, give you butterflies, set your spine a tingling. A kiss that awakens your senses, makes you feel all woman, makes you feel wanted, and makes you want the other person even more.

As regards style, I'm not a huge fan of tongue, not all the time at least. Some tongue is good but I find lip sucking/chewing/nibbling is far more sensual. And I hate sloppy kisses...urrrrggh. Dry chapped flaky lips are also rather unpleasant. I like a slightly tender, slightly urgent, marginally forceful sort of kiss, at varying speeds. I like to take the time to enjoy somebodies lips, light that fire properly!!

The best kisses are mindblowing. They make you forget yourself.They make you forget time. For those few minutes they make you rearrange your life priorities. Its like some sort of temporary spell. A great kiss can get you in and out of trouble, and lead to even more mindblowing things.

I'm happy to report that I am experiencing a great kisser these times. Go me:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Man kissing is awesome, why am I not kissing someone right now???? this thread has kind of backfired tbh... :(

Yep, totally backfired! One of the few nights I wasn't with the OH. *sigh* :)

I'm assuming that there should have been a comma after man in that post? ;)

Off topic posting! :eek: Ahem, yes there probably should've been.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭madziuda

Oh and for some reason being in between your man and a wall/bus shelter/corner is great too...

+1

dunno why but yeah there's definitely something to it :)

what makes a kiss a KISS for me though are the seconds immediately preceding it, the look he gives me, the tilting of his head, his hand on my neck or in my hair as he pulls me gently towards him.... :)

a 'surprise kiss'? never a success with me :D

oh, and while the person one kisses is probably the most important factor in the whole experience I must say I had brilliant kisses with people I wasn't that much into, and a really crap one with someone I genuinely loved.

huh

Advertisement