Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazed at O2 today Broadband

Options
  • 24-10-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

344120611.png

just speed tested... after installing google chrome...

3250 down 151 up..

best i ever got before was 2200 down and usually in between 700 and 1100 down..

have o2 done any upgrades in the galway area?

higher speeds make me itch.. and i use up my 10 gig even quicker.. last month it was gone in about 5 days..

oh yeah.. and I'm out in the middle of the country side...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mullins07

How is it in the evening time for you?

A lot of people can't get a service at this time even though it's grand during the morning and afternoon.

They are having serious congestion problems now and 3 is outperforming them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Icdb

never had any performance problems with the o2... I use 3pay broadband when I go over my 10gig cap... and O2 is way better.. I had 3 bill pay broadband for over a year.. when it first came out.. and switched to o2 as soon as my contract ended.. for me o2 is like the ferrai of mobile broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

344165136.png
    not bad speeds but last week i was getting 1mbps more and i have been without any service at all between 6pm and 11pm since monday and o2 will not even explain the problem properly or offer any kind of compensation. apparently they have a 5day turnaround on broadband issues and they seem to use every hour of that!

Advertisement