Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belmayne completion?

Options
  • 24-10-2008 12:34pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some info on Belmayne.
    It's a new development on the Northside. Off the Malahide road, just past the Darndale Opera House and turn off before Campion's boozer.
    A number of the blocks have been completed and are occupied. However there are two blocks nearing completion and there have been a number of reports popping up here and there concerning when and if they are going to be finished. My friend has bought one a few months back and was given a move in date of November.
    I'm in construction myself and have not been able to find out how much difficulty the main contractor (LM Developments) and the developer (Stanley) are having in completing the scheme from my own contacts.
    Nor has my friend any joy from the estate agants or solicitor.

So is there anyone in the know construction wise? Or anyone in the know from observing the progress of construction on a regular basis?

There is a lot of obvious nonsense spoken about this development by people that haven't a clue other than to advertise their own ignorance. So informed knowledge would be very helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

why doesnt your friend just phone his solictor or estate agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

woodseb wrote: »

404 - Page not found

The URL you requested could not be found.

Can't be having stories in the Herald about property not doing so well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

It aint going to be completed anytime soon. I know a lad who was working there for a long time in a project management position so not just your average brickie and practically all his company were let go from the site within the last month or so.

There was also a report on the 6.1 News the other evening, possibly last night, about it saying the main contractor have told Fingal they're not going to complete the project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Now that's very interesting as I was just searching the RTE archive for a link to the story on the 6.1 News and couldn't find it anywhere either !

Here's the story still in The Times
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2008/1022/1224454452735.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Indeed. there was a report on RTE and it was pulled. A number of articles in a number of papers has also been pulled over the last few months. Which in turn makes me more than a little suspicious of the articles still available. Which is why I decided to post to the good people of Boards to see if there was any 1st hand knowledge.

Pink Fluffy as said on opening that my friend (a 'her') has tried both. The solicitor is a trusted friend and she hasn't been able to garner any information from the estate agents and nor has my friend. The estate agents are only going as far as to say that there is a glitch with sub-contractors and the estate agents aren't giving anything else away.

And a respected thanks to all that have put up links. I do believe that my friend and I have read most but all and more are welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

humberklog wrote: »
    It's a new development

New :confused:

Jesus, they've been years at it.

It was started before Northern Cross (right accross the road) and looks like it has stalled for the past six months.

What is also interesting is that the Clare Village development, behind the shopping centre, has also stalled.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Des wrote: »
    New :confused:

Jesus, they've been years at it.

Indeed they have. I worked on Clongriffin about 4year ago and Belmayne would have been on-going then. However as hoarding is still up, wearing course of roads still to be laid and approxiamately 30% of development to be completed to sufficient standard the development as a whole hasn't isn't considered finished. Therefore although a while in progress the term 'new' is applicable (if laughable to those there 3years).

I still call the area at Fagan's in drumcondra 'Lemon's factory'. So it's relative and personal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Maybe your friend might get some info HERE.

From neighbours.ie

I'm living accross the road from the development and have not seen any significant work carried out in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think part of the problem is that the articles seem to be confusing different developments - the railway station is 2km from Belmayne.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Toosey

I work around Belmayne and Claire Village and hear one or two stories...today a bloke who is renting in Claire Village told me about the builders pulling out and that the place is half finished..he says when it rains all the crap from the building site on the floors above floods down on his car..He also says it is not safe in general...

He doesnt think they are going to do any more work now as Albany Homes I think it is are pulling out !!! How can they get away with that..more to the point they cant get away with that...

Havent been up to Belmayne but I hope it is not as bad as the othr place ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 northsidetype

Interested in getting anyone's stories on Belmayne for an investigative piece I'm doing. Pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Sorry to drag up an old old topic, but I thought it better than starting a new one and it also allows to see what was previously said.

Me and the other half have been looking at places lately and apart from the small gardens some of the houses here fit the bill. From what ive heard parking seems to be an issue but has anyone here bought and have any experiences or advice about this area?

Thanks!

Advertisement