Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well for me the early stuff sounded like they actually meant it rather than the likes of 'Is It Any Wonder?' which sounds like a U2 cast off.

Anyway, the new album really has some stinkers on it and I'd find it impossible to vote in the OP's poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Is it Any Wonder? is a total U2 rip-off all right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Dudess wrote: »
    Great song.

NME - bunch of muppets. If Black Kids did the exact same songs (and that's very much what Keane's current stuff reminds me of) NME would be on their knees metaphorically fellating them.
    Any new stuff I've heard by Keane is great... and Spiralling is absolutely awesome.
    They're pretty good as a pop band... I agree, not indie though so this is going to Music. Although Keane were marketed as indie in the early days (and incidentally, NME worshipped them... :rolleyes:)

I must say I dislike the sneering and ridiculing of people's tastes here. It is possible to register your dislike of certain acts without resorting to such a manner and such language.

Anyhoo, that's how many indie fans will be so it's always safer to put threads about bands whose genre is pretty ambiguous into the general Music forum... :)

Yeah, never really understand why people hate them so much.
    Surely at worst, they could be regarded as bland, innocuous or insubstantial.
    I actually like them- while i tend to like guitar bands, the piano-driven stuff/absence of guitars is actually interesting.
    Is it the lead singer that people hate or the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

He's got an awesome voice and sounds so sexy... but he's not.

I personally could understand how people wouldn't have liked Keane when they first emerged - I found them dreadfully dull and couldn't stick them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Finally given the album a listen and i have to say its not bad at all....does take me a few listens to really judge a CD but on first impressions they coulda done a lot worse!
    Xavi, what songs in particular do you not like? (Or maybe that should read what songs do you not hate! :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement