Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for...

Options
  • 24-10-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

a good Dundalk hairdresser?? thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Sorry but can't recommend anyone to you! In fact the last hairdresser I recommended let me down recently with a very rushed haircut and after 3 weeks it just looked terrible. :(

So I'm looking for a recommendation for one too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

thanks anyway sudz! can't believe there are so many hairdressers but none worth talking about! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

My girlfriend (who has her salon in Carrick) often moans about the quality in Dundalk as well, she frequently goes to other places for blowdries on her days off. Reckons that there isn't anywhere near the professional attitude that you may get in other salons about the country.

My girlfriend (who has her salon in Carrick)

Can she cut very short hair well???? Where is she??? I will travel?!!

haha you're thinking the same as me sudzs!! :p is she any good at cutting hair?? i'm tired of not getting what i asked for, or getting too much taken off, or sulky staff!! :( :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

... or the hairdresser getting snippy (!) because he's pushed for time and you ask him to take off the horrible tail-y bits he's left at the back!!! 60 flippin quid and 3 weeks later it's awful because it was never done right in the first place!

Somebody help us!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Puppies

Tara @ the temple dundalk, i have very short hair and would not go anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Try Joanne Greg hair studio in Termonfeckin, upstairs in the supermarket, a lot tv personalities that live local use this studio , reasonable rates and good staff.

Especially Terri the junior stylist.

Puppies wrote: »
    Tara @ the temple dundalk, i have very short hair and would not go anywhere else.

Thanks Puppies! Might try there! But where is it? Can't find it in the Golden Pages and don't remember ever seeing the place.

She used to be on dublin street, above hearing place, is now on the street down the side of the home bakery, don't know the name of it.

• Advertisement

Took your advice and am delighted! :D Thanks Puppies!

Only too glad to help

Where's The Temple in Dundalk?? can't find it on google! :rolleyes:

She used to be on dublin street, above hearing place, is now on the street down the side of the home bakery, don't know the name of it.

Phone no. 0429352790

fifomania wrote: »
    Where's The Temple in Dundalk?? can't find it on google! :rolleyes:

Ya know where The Century pub is? Well it's just down that side street on the opposite side of the road from the pub, a few doors down from another hairdressers, "Anne-Maries".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Chapel Street is the street name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

I could suggest Mizu of Riverlane near the marshes.

My GF goes there (twice now) and has found it excellent.

It is not exactly cheap imo but seemingly well worth it, especially as I have been told getting colour done badly a few times can turn a lady's hair to a straw like condition.

Can you believe they have over 36 hairdresser's working there! The two times I was near the place it always looks busy and the ladies leaving it all had good hair!:D

thanks Guvnor, I've driven by that place but didn't give it much heed. believe it or not the last hairdresser I was with used to work in Mizu and has now set up on her own! She charges €35 for a cut and my hair was good but the following day, and the day after that etc, my hair looked like it hadn't been touched! :rolleyes:

Advertisement