Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert Gas fire to Burner

Options
  • 24-10-2008 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Have 2 bed in the wood and would love to get a room heater in place of the GAS fire. I know there is no chimney directly above my fireplace and Im not even sure if we have chimneys at all, are they only decoration. Im waiting on someone from FENTON Fires to ring to me to let me know if this is possible. They can get rid of the GAS part, no need to get Board Gas to do it. Just wondering if anyone else has done this or knows if its possible! cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

are they only decoration

Yes. They are not "real".
    would love to get a room heater in place of the GAS fire

There are not many choices I'm afraid if gas is out of the question.

A big electric haeter is not that nice for a sitting room.

Electric underfloor heating is a good option, but works best under a tiled floor, OK under a carpet and not at all well under wood. It gives a nice even heat that is easy to control. Also you loose no space.

Let us know what you decide on.

Good luck!

Advertisement