Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car rental for 21 year old

Options
  • 24-10-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a car rental place in Galway that will rent to a 21 year old with a full license?

Thanks.

'cptr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Have you had trouble getting one? I would've thought I'd have no prob (same age, license etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The following information was taken from the websites of the companies listed below on the 30th of September 2008. *

Avis Car Hire: Avis Operate a minimum age of 23, with a maximum age of 74, anyone under the age of 25 faces a surcharge of €11.90 a day.

Budget Car Hire: Budget operates a minimum age of 23 with a maximum age of 75.

Enterprise Car Hire: Enterprise operates a minimum age limit of 23 with a surcharge for under 25s to be determined in store (the fact that the price is not upfront is misleading and possibly contravenes EU rules).

Thrifty Car Rental: Thrifty operate a minimum age limit of 25 and upper limit of 74 with surcharges for elderly users between the ages of 71-74 of €10.22 per day.

Europcar: They operate a minimum age of 24 with a maximum age of 69.

Dan Dooley: They operate a minimum age of 21 with surcharges for 21-23 year olds again not advertised.

Hertz Car Hire: Hertz's policy is for a minimum age of 25 years and maximum age of 75 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Have you had trouble getting one? I would've thought I'd have no prob (same age, license etc)

As you can see from biko's reply the choice is eh, eh, limited...

'cptr

Advertisement