Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

just passed theory test, now want full licence

Options
  • 24-10-2008 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hiya,i just passed my provisional licence and i was wonndering a couple of things as;where should apply to get my full licence?am i allowed to drive accompanied by someone else who holds a full licence?
    and i am moving far to my work place, and i gotta take a taxi every night which it will cost me 20€/d.is there a way i could get my examination before of the 6months that the law stipulates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You must wait 6 months before sitting you test. You will be receiving a Learner Permit, and not a provo license. Your accompanying driver must have held a full license in the relevant category for at least 2 years.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You have to wait 6 months before you can sit the test,. you can apply but the test date must be after 6 months have passed,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 RedzDrivingScho

Just to add that's six months from the date of issue of the learner permit......keep an eye on the dates...you wont get tested a day before 6 months has passed....you may apply beofre the 6 months have elapsed..but you wont be allowed to do the driving test unless it's 6 months past the date of issue of the learner permit

Advertisement