Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Armrest's

Options
  • 24-10-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

was looking into getting one for my Seat leon (2006 model) but from what i can see the offical leon one will fetch about €220 which is insane

this unverisal fit one is about €50 in total but im unsure whether it would actually install properly

anyone ever get a universal fit? was it alright?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

try ebay or breakers yard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Dunno about the Leon, but the Mk1.5 A4 had one and it was really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You're better off just going for the original. That particular one doesnt look like it will sit particularly well on the centre console of the leon. If i remember correctly i paid about €180 for the original SEAT one for mine. Money well spent to be honest and a doddle to fit. Makes it so much more comfortable. Keep a look out on ebay though as they do pop up from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

cheers EPM, yea the general feedback im reading is that the actual Seat one's are the best to get...get what you pay for i suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

The only real downside is the plastic on it is cheap. it can creak a little sometimes but it gets quieter after a couple months and wears in. handy extra storage too. just make sure when you're ordering that if your car has the aux input (prob wont if its an 06) to get the model with the little cut out for this.

www.seatcupra.net is a good resource too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Armrest's what?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 tom fada

I can second EPM with the creaking issues and www.seatcupra.net, it's well worth a visit. Creaking aside I'd be lost without my armrest and the storage is invaluable. They are easy to fit, a few self tappers or strong glue but you will be down 2 cup holders. I have purchased parts from Seremotors in the North. They are excellent main Seat dealers and are always more than helpful. PM me for their details.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭mixer101

Zube wrote: »
    Armrest's what?

:D Like it Zube, like it! Well spotted. (It really pi$$es me off how often it's misused...):confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

I have a Mk IV Golf, it's a base model.
    I would love to put an armrest in it, but didn't think it was possible.

I spotted these on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/99-04-VW-Golf-Jetta-Bora-Console-Armrest-Black-Leather_W0QQitemZ250311902830QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250311902830&_trkparms=72%3A1301|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Does anyone know if these are suitable for my car and would the installation be difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

mixer101 wrote: »
    :D Like it Zube, like it! Well spotted. (It really pi$$es me off how often it's misused...):confused:

G***ge C***ave Car's in Dublin 1 :-) Every single day I stare at that sign while waiting at Nth Circular Road lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

mixer101 wrote: »

i apologise for my bad, Grammer

:pac:

Advertisement