Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much midterm study are you going to do?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'm just relaxing. Like its still 8 months away. If you've been studying 4 -6 hours at this stage you are not going to be able to sustain that. You just can't and thats fact. (The rents Psychology book beside my study desk told me... :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Okay I've made a plan for the rest of the holidays! :)

English(H) - Revise Macbeth, write out a personal response to Montague

Irish(H) - Revise Pass Poetry Course, learn SOME sort of grammar rules(my main fault)

Maths(H) - Integration (c) parts to do, Differentiation revision(only thing I've started)

French(H) - Learn at least 6 basic verbs in every tense PERFECTLY, possibly a comprehension from papers, I had a 'french day' with my friends where we did oral questions and the 2003 listening paper, with lots of french food! :)

Geography(H) - Revise Sub-Continental Region(Brazil) + first 3 chapters of physical

Art(H) - Revise Bronze Age

Music(H) - Revise Berlioz, do a melody and rewrite 2 essays to get them up to A1 level

Sound achievable in 4 days? :confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I had a 'french day' with my friends where we did oral questions and the 2003 listening paper, with lots of french food! :)
    You are cool. Don't let anybody else tell you otherwise.

Or maybe I just have my head screwed on and give a shit about my education?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

ironclaw wrote: »
    I'm just relaxing. Like its still 8 months away. If you've been studying 4 -6 hours at this stage you are not going to be able to sustain that. You just can't and thats fact. (The rents Psychology book beside my study desk told me... :) )

I'm warning you from experience that that's not the right kind of mentality. Seriously.
    I was exactly the same last year, putting the study off, making myself believe it was ages away. And then June came like a big slap across the face. Then there was August- you don't want to open your results and see grades below what you need/ could have gotten.

Even if you don't want to sit down and study properly, writing out essays/ notes/ oral exam answers etc should be done now! That way, you can revise them closer to the time and won't have to start from scratch.

• Advertisement

bythewoods wrote: »
    I'm warning you from experience that that's not the right kind of mentality. Seriously.
    I was exactly the same last year, putting the study off, making myself believe it was ages away. And then June came like a big slap across the face. Then there was August- you don't want to open your results and see grades below what you need/ could have gotten.

Even if you don't want to sit down and study properly, writing out essays/ notes/ oral exam answers etc should be done now! That way, you can revise them closer to the time and won't have to start from scratch.

Yah you're exactly right. I'm repeating this year, and it really really isn't too early to start. It's scary how fast June will come, now's the time to do it.

Oh, believe me I amn't doing nothing! I am studying, I just don't agree with 4 -6 hours. You do need a break. I average 4 hours on a weeknight during the term. Relax! Slowly build, unless you've been doing 4 - 6 hours regularly.

You can't run a marathon without training ;)

I did the same at JC, slowly built up and I did fine. 7 A's, 2 B's and 2 C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I brought home a few books but now I've realised I'm going to do absolutely nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I was shocked when none of the teachers (bar Accounting, History & English) set out homework for the mid-term, I've done very little study TBH (been busy doing driving lessons), will get stuck into Accounting and History today, will leave English Essay and Mahon revision till tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I got the courage to do 3 Maths paper questions, in the middle of doing another now. Then doing an English essay in a bit, the short questions on 2008 Paper in Business and aload of French and Irish oral work tomorrow. If I get all this done I'll be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ok now, fess up everybody, how much study did you ACTUALLY do?

I studied:
    2 Irish Poems
    3 Chapters of Biology
    Seachanges
    The HPAT (totally counts as study >_>)

The rest of the time I slept, ate, was online, or watched House. Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I've done some of the maths homework we were given. 5 out of 8 exam questions.

Now for the weekend I have work in every other subject.

At least I tried. :pac:

EDIT: Hey, 1000 posts.

That was disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i did 15 pages of biology exam questions that we were given..
    haven't quite got around to doing much else.
    going to study economics bio and irish tomorrow.. .tests on monday eep.

Is it too late to start now? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

My study mojo has dissappeared! Did a good bit Sat, sun and monday. A little on tue and nothing since.....well there is only this evening and tomorrow left so i might so just finish up homework and then wait for Monday to get going again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Is it too late to start now? :(

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Did way less than I'd hoped!

I did:
    4 questions for an Triail (Quite proud of them actually, those 3 page each masterpieces..)
    Revision and 2 questions each for "Dá m'bhéidir arís dár gcumann" & "an chéad dráma"
    2 maths paper 1s (Old mock papers as I did all the actual ones last year)
    Revision for Regional Geography and a few sample questions
    Revised Mahon & Montague and did an essay on the latter.

No Chemistry. No Biology. No French.
    Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

Well so much for my good intentions.. My study schedule didn't really go to plan :( What a waste of a week.. the hang overs didn't help either! Some severe cramming is in order tomorrow i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭wexhurdler

some say they study for x amount of hours but how much do you get done in this time? i could spend hours and not get anywhere at all any ideas for getting most from your time??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

There are a couple of threads on the forum for getting the most out of your study time. There's one on the first page of the forum: "how to cop on" or something like that.

• Advertisement

bythewoods wrote: »
    aper 1s (Old mock papers as I did all the actual ones last year)

Are you serious? When did you finish the course? What are you planning on studying for the next 8 months? I've started on all the papers, but I'm pacing myself. Could do two a day but I dont want to as I'll run out of papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

He probably didn't finish the entire course yet. Maybe he completed all the questions on paper 1. I think I'm done with paper 1 as well...Don't remember anything though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

ironclaw wrote: »
    Are you serious? When did you finish the course? What are you planning on studying for the next 8 months? I've started on all the papers, but I'm pacing myself. Could do two a day but I dont want to as I'll run out of papers.

He's repeating.

Ah, I see. Simular to me then :) French language podcasts really lively up my iPhone. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

He's repeating.

Oh yeah never realised that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I did most of my french homework, just have some essay thing to do now. I also did Applied maths study which I'm delighted with. And I did my geography homework and most of my project. I wanted to do more, but I did way more than anyone else I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I did a total of 0 homework and 0 study, got work now so will have a lot to do later on tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jiggidy

Nothing. I had my mid-term exams just last week so I'm all studied out :( I've only just started 5th year but I'm feeling the work piling up already. As from tomorrow I'm gonna do study everynight instead of leaving it till the last night like I've always done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

~Candy~ wrote: »
    :(i have so much to do...:D

accounting ; 3questions, and revision for two topics
    business; 2exam Qs and revision for unit 1
    french; go over all the vocabs from unit 1-6
    maths; 2004-2007 paper 2, Q4 partCs
    ag ec; project thingy
    applied maths; 2exam Qs
    home ec ; two exam Qs and revision for somethingy on the revision sheet
    and kindly enuff have no other hw from the other teachers.

personally i am gonna catch up some study,i have to catch up maths fundamentals, go over home ec social studies,if i don't do it now, i will never get it ..that will take a good bit of time

the above post was my plan and the corssed offs are what i have actually done..ummm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

*Conor rushes back up stairs*

Irish debate to finish.
    English essay to write.
    French opinion piece to do.
    FÚCK!

Alas the heating in the attic barely works, and the radiator in my room is on full blast and the armchair in here is right beside it. Feck it, warmth is my new priority

Advertisement