Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trial Version apps

• 24-10-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I installed an app to my phone, and whilst I was aware that it was a trial version, I thought it was time based on usage, not actual days :( Didn't bloody use it once, and now it says that my 14 days have expired :( and I can't reinstall it to try:( Is there any way around this? Probably not, but I thought I would ask. I could sob, as I was actually thinking of buying it, but wanted to try it first:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

It may have written a text file onto your phone that is left after it is uninstalled and thus alerts any reinstalled version that your time is up. If you can browse your phone you may be able to locate and delete it, but unless you're knowledgeable in this sort of thing I wouldn't recommend it.

Put it down to a learning experience...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Why not ask what it's like here ? Somebody may have used it.
    And by someone I mean Strecker :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

long_b wrote: »
    Why not ask what it's like here ? Somebody may have used it.
    And by someone I mean Strecker :-)
    hahahaha....
    well, yeah, what's that secret app? and have you tried setting the phone's date back a month? that actually works sometimes :P

and again: what's the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

:D Ah well its not a secret app at all, just one I wanted to try before I buy - Handy Shell. Its not cheap.....I just want to make sure its as bloomin handy as it appears before forking out! I had my chance and I blew it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

dragona wrote: »
    :D Ah well its not a secret app at all, just one I wanted to try before I buy - Handy Shell. Its not cheap.....I just want to make sure its as bloomin handy as it appears before forking out! I had my chance and I blew it.....

Not cheap, is true ;)
    I used it for 2 weeks, and it's not bad - actually, I think I posted about it here. It's ok as a bit of a difference, but it doesn't do enough yet. I definitely won't pay for it yet - but I'd keep my eyes open for future releases, more plugins and customisation. I use it on an e71 which is so bleedin' fast, and offers so many shortcuts and the homescreen "switch" feature... Handy shell doesn't really better it; just a different look. And epocware are a bit cheeky: they include Handy Weather, to justify the price and tho add the impression that hhandy Shell is an allround sorta apps, which it isn't. Yet!
    Forget about it for 3 months, and then check for a newer version! They'll let you try an update - no doubt! Or email the maker, and explain that you want to write a review of the apps for boards. They may well give you a working trial version ;) that does happen!!! ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Ok then, I might give that a try! Thanks for the info....I quite liked the look of it, but I will wait - it is too expensive really.

Advertisement