Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a great deal on a 32" LCD TV

• 24-10-2008 3:21pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I'm in the market for a 32" LCD TV for my room. Not in any huge rush, I want to wait for the right deal.

There was a nice one on ibood the other day, but I thought I might wait as coming up to Christmas there are bound to be some good ones.

If anyone knows of a good dead on a decent quality 32" please let me know.

Or what online stores are good for finding the best prices?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,244 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Whats your budget?, Xtravision have an LG for 499 that has been getting some good review, goto the website and download the magazine, it's in that near the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

If you like that one from ibood, this might tickle your fancy.Its better than the ibood one.Not sure how much delivery is but i got a laptop from them a couple of months ago and it was only 15e. To be honest, internet prices wont come down a lot especially for for christmas.What does happen, though, is that bricks n mortar shops come closer to internet prices, possibly beating them in the odd case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

Boggles wrote: »
    Whats your budget?, Xtravision have an LG for 499 that has been getting some good review, goto the website and download the magazine, it's in that near the back.

would have to agree with Boggles, have been on the lookout for a decent priced 32" myself and this is by far the best around for price and quality will be picking one up some stage this week.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Magic thanks Zonda that's exactly what I'm after, great price too.

I saw this sony one too which is about €50 more but I'm not sure if its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

There's a thread around somewhere about powercity matching an internet price for a philips soundbar. Might be worth trying it for a TV. Just find a model they have that you like the look of and then find it online and compare. The thread did say it matched the price including delivery but you can't really argue with that!

EDIT: here it is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055402585

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I'm looking at this tv (LG 19" M198WA HD) on Play.com, where it's £149 or €209 using their own conversion rate (should be around €185)
    However, it's £133 (€165) on Amazon UK, but they don't deliver televisions to Ireland. Can anyone suggest anywhere else to check that might have this TV, or similar for under €200 and deliver to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Linku wrote: »
    I'm looking at this tv (LG 19" M198WA HD) on Play.com, where it's £149 or €209 using their own conversion rate (should be around €185)
    However, it's £133 (€165) on Amazon UK, but they don't deliver televisions to Ireland. Can anyone suggest anywhere else to check that might have this TV, or similar for under €200 and deliver to Ireland?

I was under the impression that play dont deliver electronics to Ireland....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I was under the impression that play dont deliver electronics to Ireland....

Just realised this :(
    I guess the question is where can I get a 19"+ HDTV for around €200 then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

On Ibood today, there offering a LG 32 inch for 499

https://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php

Advertisement