Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lenwoods

Options
  • 24-10-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Just a quick one...

Do you need a VAT number to shop in Lenwoods?

I have just started/starting a business in the motor trade but im not VAT registered,would i get a deal or no deal? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

They may let you in. I get in through a friend who's got an account so no hassles.

Arrive up and talk to the lads there, and get an account setup using proof of your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As long as you have your company VAT number then they will be more than happy to open an account. Sometimes companies will ask for references from you or until they get a good working history with you ask you to pay on delivery.

You can also try PR Reilly in Kilbarrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

As long as you have your company VAT number then they will be more than happy to open an account. Sometimes companies will ask for references from you or until they get a good working history with you ask you to pay on delivery.

You can also try PR Reilly in Kilbarrack.

You need to read the post again.

ciarsd wrote: »
    They may let you in. I get in through a friend who's got an account so no hassles.

Arrive up and talk to the lads there, and get an account setup using proof of your business.

Thanks,i can show proof and references.Sent an email anyway,will see if i get a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Son wrote: »
    Thanks,i can show proof and references.Sent an email anyway,will see if i get a reply.

I'd imagine they'll just ask you to drop by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Son wrote: »
    You need to read the post again.

You need to re-read the reply but just in case it cant sink in.

They will need a VAT number to open a VAT registered account otherwise you will have to pay cash each and every time.

They will need references to open a credit account but will not open the credit account until you give them the VAT number.

Its for their accounts office/accountant.

Then I suggested you might try P R Reilly in Kilbarrack.

No...read it again
    Im not VAT registered.
    No VAT number

The question was,do i need a VAT number to shop there.
    I have a business,not a company.

Advertisement