Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8 gig problem

• 24-10-2008 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

have my fone a good few months its been working perfect up to now . sometimes when im writing a message it automatclly goes back to the main screen its been doing this alot since last night . sometimes i have to turn the phone on and off to get it to work but then it starts again . oh by the way i havent installed any applications or anything in months plus im using v30 software

any help??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Keeping in mind i havn't looked into this problem (i.e. there could be a simple solution)

Did the problems arise after you installed the latest firmware? if so, just reinstall it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

no it only started last nyt i updated the software about a month or so ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 AV - TEC

So are you just after updateing ur Firmware? im runing on V20.0.016, Must be a bug in your firmware!! I don't think yo can down grade your firmware me finks.

no its bein ages since i updated . do u think a hard or soft reset would do the trick?

Well whats the full version of firmware your runing ? V 30.?.???, Did you check back even tho its only a month maybe they have released another firmware update. i dout a soft reset will do it.How do you do a hard reset?

• Advertisement

v30.0.018

*#7780# thats for a hard reset

yes the software is up to date

Im going to update my firmware now.. Did you drop your phone or anything maybe you should try the hard reset so !! Or send it back to Nokia if its still under warranty.

no havent dropped it might try the hard reset and see if that works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

What would a hard reset do to your phone? What would you loose of it?

i just done the hard reset that didnt work , could it be to do with any applications that are on the phone even if their on it months?

• Advertisement

Could be a virus, u get any funny lukn txts?

no none at all is ther any applications that can scan for a virus

Have a look here,http://shop.psiloc.com/en/ ..... You might find a virus scanner!!

any free ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Try:
    Go to messaging -> options -> sim messages... Anything there: delete, unless your life depends on them...

And you're positive there are no big ram hogs running while you write those sms? Music player, opera mobile etc etc?

I have given up on fw updates... Samsung's P2 aside, every fw update I have ever tried added a prob for every bug-lite it fixed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Another way to do a hard reset on the n95 8gb (may work for others too):

turn off the phone, hold the *, 3 and green call button down simultaneously and while holding them down press the power button, keep the buttons pressed down until it asks for the pin (may take a while), back up all your contacts etc as this will wipe them iirc.

MC

Advertisement