Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McCain sweet talks Pennsylvanian Voters

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    He's voted for amnesty for illegal immigrants, Voted to give legal driver's licenses to them,He's voted for open borders , he's pro-abortion voted for the sub-prime mortgages that led to the current economic fiasco and let's not forget his "Spread the Wealth" ie. Take money off the people who do work to give to people who have no intentions of ever working [welfare] The Democrats already run 2/3 of the US Govt and they already ****ed the country if they get the Supermajority we would be really ****ed.

McCain is in favour of an amnesty. You can't vote for the sub prime mortgages, the banks made them-that's a dumb thing to say. When people go to school or use a road that were paid for by taxes they are using the wealth that has been spread. The democrats have been in power in the congress and senate for two years, but the economy was going downhill for longer than that. I think you should take off the blinkers and look at what's really happening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

He's voted for amnesty for illegal immigrants,
    Didn't Bush also do this during the past 8 years of office? And he is definitely NOT a liberal no matter how you define it.

Plus, whatever happened to the quote on the Statue of Liberty?

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This doesn't apply any more? If not, should it be removed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

McCain is in favour of an amnesty. You can't vote for the sub prime mortgages, the banks made them-that's a dumb thing to say. When people go to school or use a road that were paid for by taxes they are using the wealth that has been spread. The democrats have been in power in the congress and senate for two years, but the economy was going downhill for longer than that. I think you should take off the blinkers and look at what's really happening.

I am aware of that. However way you to split hairs Obama was for it. I expect my taxes to go for building roads but my hard earned money should not be going to people who want to sit at home and not work.[Not even half of Obama's 95% actually work so you figure out where that money is going to]

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This doesn't apply any more? If not, should it be removed?

For people who come to the country the right way [the legal way] and learn English. Yes. For the ones that want to sneak into the country. Tough **** whatever happens to them. Though you can argue that we should stop immigration for the time being to sort out the economy and who and what is in this country

I am aware of that. However way you to split hairs Obama was for it. I expect my taxes to go for building roads but my hard earned money should not be going to people who want to sit at home and not work.[Not even half of Obama's 95% actually work so you figure out where that money is going to]

Obama was for what? There's like three things "that" could be, please specify. Also are you saying that 50% of 95% of people in the US don't work? :confused: I didn't know your economy was that sh!t.

• Advertisement

Obama was for what? There's like three things "that" could be, please specify. Also are you saying that 50% of 95% of people in the US don't work? :confused: I didn't know your economy was that sh!t.

He and the rest of the Dems "encouraged" the banks to give the sub-prime mortgages to people they [the bank chiefs and the Dems] knew wouldn't be able to pay for them. Most of the middle class [or blue collar depending on how you compare, construction or any sort or manual labor] is chiefly going to illegal immigrants [They pay them $3.00 an hour where anybody else they would have to pay $8+] Most of the unemployed can work but choose not too. Hence why people don't any more of their tax dollars going to welfare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

For people who come to the country the right way [the legal way] and learn English.

So if I decide to only speak Irish in America, you would be in favour of me leaving and going back to Ireland?

**Further, they don't really speak English in America, they speak Americanese! "You betcha Joe Sixpack!"

So if I decide to only speak Irish in America, you would be in favour of me leaving and going back to Ireland?

**Further, they don't really speak English in America, they speak Americanese! "You betcha Joe Sixpack!"

Who would you speak too then? Barely anyone here speaks Irish.

He and the rest of the Dems "encouraged" the banks to give the sub-prime mortgages to people they [the bank chiefs and the Dems] knew wouldn't be able to pay for them. Most of the middle class [or blue collar depending on how you compare, construction or any sort or manual labor] is chiefly going to illegal immigrants [They pay them $3.00 an hour where anybody else they would have to pay $8+] Most of the unemployed can work but choose not too. Hence why people don't any more of their tax dollars going to welfare.

Um, conspiracy theories is that way. ---->

Seriously, can you back up this Dems gave/encouraged sub prime lending or that most of the unemployed can work but chose not to bull? Cause unless you can prove it it is bull.
    Why are illegal immigrants being employed then is what I want to know? why aren't the businesses that employ them being penalised for being unfair, maybe that would balance things out?

Why are illegal immigrants being employed then is what I want to know? why aren't the businesses that employ them being penalised for being unfair, maybe that would balance things out?

I stated why in my previous post.

• Advertisement

Who would you speak too then? Barely anyone here speaks Irish.
    So in the "Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave," non-English speakers are excluded? And all along I thought there was an Amendment to the US Constitution that guaranteed freedom of speech, be it Americanese, Irish, or Spanish?

Well, the Hispanic portion of the US population is the fastest growing minority, and many speak Spanish at home and on the streets, so maybe it's time for change and not be so world isolated and language ethnocentric? Geeee, given that all but one country (Brazil, and it's a second language taught there) in Central and South American speaks Spanish, just think how grand it would be to have the ability to speak with them? Of course, if McCain wins, he will insist on preconditions before speaking with anyone from a country other than the US, maybe insisting on English?

US Bureau of Statistics
    Year Hispanic Population (in millions)
    2000 35.6
    2001 37.1
    2002 38.5
    2003 39.9
    2004 41.3
    2005 42.7
    2006 44.3

I stated why in my previous post.

Because they are being paid 3 dollars? Is that the immigrants fault, or the capitalists fault? I say the latter.

So in the "Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave," non-English speakers are excluded? And all along I thought there was an Amendment to the US Constitution that guaranteed freedom of speech, be it Americanese, Irish, or Spanish?

Well, the Hispanic portion of the US population is the fastest growing minority, and many speak Spanish at home and on the streets, so maybe it's time for change and not be so world isolated and language ethnocentric? Geeee, given that all but one country (Brazil, and it's a second language taught there) in Central and South American speaks Spanish, just think how grand it would be to have the ability to speak with them? Of course, if McCain wins, he will insist on preconditions before speaking with anyone from a country other than the US, maybe insisting on English?

US Bureau of Statistics
    Year Hispanic Population (in millions)
    2000 35.6
    2001 37.1
    2002 38.5
    2003 39.9
    2004 41.3
    2005 42.7
    2006 44.3

What they speak in their homes is one thing but to force it on others is another. To get a document from the Govt I shouldn't have to flip for pages to find the information they're sending me in English. Being able to speak and understand English is still a requirement to becoming a US citizen. I shouldn't have to walk down the street in my own country and kept being asked " Do you speak _____?" Wanting to them to assimilate is not asking too much and wanting to act like they want respect the country and want to be here isn't either.

What they speak in their homes is one thing but to force it on others is another. To get a document from the Govt I shouldn't have to flip for pages to find the information they're sending me in English. Being able to speak and understand English is still a requirement to becoming a US citizen. I shouldn't have to walk down the street in my own country and kept being asked " Do you speak _____?" Wanting to them to assimilate is not asking too much and wanting to act like they want respect the country and want to be here isn't either.

I'm not too sure English is your first language either tbh. Besides Florida and California and Texas and I'm sure a few other states had large Hispanic populations before they even became US states, what with being former Spanish colonies and later part of Mexico. Point is the US has always been supposedly multi cultural, and the sooner you can accept that the sooner it can make some progress towards integration.

What they speak in their homes is one thing but to force it on others is another.
    "Force" was never mentioned, but inclusion was, as is articulated in the Amendments to the US Constitution. Wouldn't it be nice if the US started doing things to better communicate with, and join the world community (without the artificial and capricious barriers of McCain preconditions), rather than to "force" its will on such places like Iraq in the Middle East, using the threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction (that did not exist) as a pretext to use military "force?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

What they speak in their homes is one thing but to force it on others is another. To get a document from the Govt I shouldn't have to flip for pages to find the information they're sending me in English. .

God forbid people would be able to understand important documents from the goverment

Well, here's the recent Pennsylvania polls. McCain is going to have to do a lot more than sweet talk PA to win them back?

23 October Morning Obama 52 McCain 40 (Obama +12)
    22 October SurveyUSA Obama 53 McCain 41 (Obama +12)
    22 October Big10 Battleground Obama 52 McCain 41 (Obama +11)
    21 October Quinnipiac Obama 53 McCain 40 (Obama +13)
    20 October National Journal/FD Obama 51 McCain 41 (Obama +10)
    18 October Susquehanna Obama 48 McCain 40 (Obama +8)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

erm...technically English is a foreign language in America also brought there by immigrants. Should that be banned also? There are loads of indigenous languages in America which could be have been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Ludo wrote: »
    erm...technically English is a foreign language in America also brought there by immigrants. Should that be banned also?

Your being a bit pedantic now ludo

Advertisement