Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desperate Housewives.

• 24-10-2008 4:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Ive never watched a full episode but the trailers are on such heavy rotation on rte that i reckon i know enough about it.Theres always a reaction shot of the hispanic one with her mouth open in "shock",probably the extent of her acting talent.The red haired wan looks like a tranny and Terri Hatcher was hot when she was in the New adventures of Superman but now she looks like Michael Jackson.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

I was brought up with the idea that we are all created equal and then women watch rubbish like this
    im afraid to say im starting to have my doubts:eek::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

darkdubh wrote: »
    Ive never watched a full episode but the trailers are on such heavy rotation on rte that i reckon i know enough about it.Theres always a reaction shot of the hispanic one with her mouth open in "shock",probably the extent of her acting talent.The red haired wan looks like a tranny and Terri Hatcher was hot when she was in the New adventures of Superman but now she looks like Michael Jackson.

I've never met you but I've read your posts so I reckon I know enough about you. You post in Cork City which means you're bitter and annoyingly conservative. You post in television which means you don't get out much.

Equally fair?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I've never met you but I've read your posts so I reckon I know enough about you. You post in Cork City which means you're bitter and annoyingly conservative. You post in television which means you don't get out much.

Equally fair?

Should actually be post of the day, EPIC!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Equally fair?

What are you doing on here then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It took all night to come up with THAT...?!

In answer to your question: out-trolling the troll

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

It took all night to come up with THAT...?!

In answer to your question: out-trolling the troll
    You have to be on here a fair bit yourself to come to the conclusion im always on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Careful now. Back on topic please.

You have to be on here a fair bit yourself to come to the conclusion im always on.

Nope. I just looked at your most recent posts via your profile. Don't even have a television.

Fur purposes of on-topic: I've seen the first four episodes it seems to be funnier but not as dark as previous seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I ask no questions. ;)

I agree it is excellent this season. Wonder what the blonde lad is up to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I agree it is excellent this season. Wonder what the blonde lad is up to?

I wonder if he is after Susan? Remember last season when it emerged that she had killed a mother and child in a car accident...I wonder if he was the husband & father? and is now seeking some revenge perhaps...Could be worth watching if he is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

They are all middle aged women. If anybody saw the pic in, I think it was Life magazine, a few weeks ago, of the actresses without their make-up or airbrushing! I won't say it was horrifying but it was in stark contrast to what we see on the show.

Desperate housewives is aimed at a women audience, the same kind of people who watch Grey's Anatomy etc. They're going to stop watching if the actresses are on screen the way they really look. It's a materialistic show aimed at raising women's spirits in the evening. It's muck alright but hey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

K4t wrote: »
    They are all middle aged women. If anybody saw the pic in, I think it was Life magazine, a few weeks ago, of the actresses without their make-up or airbrushing! I won't say it was horrifying but it was in stark contrast to what we see on the show.

Desperate housewives is aimed at a women audience, the same kind of people who watch Grey's Anatomy etc. They're going to stop watching if the actresses are on screen the way they really look. It's a materialistic show aimed at raising women's spirits in the evening. It's muck alright but hey!

Ya mean the same women who will then give out about pressure in the media and society for them to look good are actually the ones supporting it? Wow.

amacachi wrote: »
    Ya mean the same women who will then give out about pressure in the media and society for them to look good are actually the ones supporting it? Wow.
    Yes, they are all hypocrites.

Just imagine if they started doing the show with all the actresses (Terri Hatcher, Eva Longoria etc.) without any make-up on or without botox etc. the day before. Ratings would plummet!

Sorry to dampen your spirits but it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ive never watched a full episode but the trailers are on such heavy rotation on rte that i reckon i know enough about it.

Dumest opening line to a post I've seen in a long time.
    How the hell can you know enough about a show unless you actually watch it?
    darkdubh wrote:
    Theres always a reaction shot of the hispanic one with her mouth open in "shock",probably the extent of her acting talent.
    :rolleyes: She's actually a brilliant actress. I thought you'd know that, since the fact that you've started a thread on Desparate Housewives means you must know enough about it?....Oh wait.....
    K4t wrote:
    They are all middle aged women.
    33 is middle aged? :confused:
    K4t wrote:
    They're going to stop watching if the actresses are on screen the way they really look. It's a materialistic show aimed at raising women's spirits in the evening. It's muck alright but hey!
    Yes, of course. Women don't watch it because it's a funny, well written, well-acted show, it's because they are all sad and need to feel good about themselves. :rolleyes: Seriously, that is such a load of crap.
    K4t wrote:
    Yes, they are all hypocrites.
    amacachi wrote:
    Oh here we go again. Every single woman feels pressurised by the media and needs to look pretty for their man, otherwise they are weak and ugly.
    Tell me K4t, how do you know so much about the female psyche?

And yes, it is primarily aimed at women. So what? I'm a guy and I watch it most of the time. What does that say about me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I think its rubbish this season! So far anyway i'm hoping it gets better and think it will. They've all lost their edge, susan used to be such a mess and a bit of a clutz but this season she's really glam and gabrielles lost her craziness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

This reminds of the drivel 'Ugly Betty' who ironically was actually quite attractive in real life-a bit hypocritical considering the message of the show is that looks dont matter.

This reminds of the drivel 'Ugly Betty' who ironically was actually quite attractive in real life-a bit hypocritical considering the message of the show is that looks dont matter.
    Ugly Betty could have been something really good. I watched the pilot and the first few episodes, and they were not bad at all. But then the writers and producers obviously couldn't do justice to the idea. I turn it on now and just go wtf? another Prison Break story. Just innit for the $$$.

Advertisement