Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virtual Dj query...Setup

• 24-10-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Ok So i have virtual dj on my laptop and I want to hook it up to my sound system.

How do I make virtual dj's cross fader be the cross fader on my decks/ How do I make my headfones work with virtual dj so that I can mix the tunes up.

Is it possible connecting the laptop from the headfones socket to phono of my system to do all this?
    Will my mixer recognise the virtual Crossfader and headfones to cue?
    The USB from the laptop is needed in order for the software to work on the real crossfader..etc?

Help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I don't know Virtual DJ but I'm assuming its basically the same as Traktor 3...

The best option is to get an external soundcard and run each deck separately out of the laptop into the mixer. The laptop will still do the mixing but your mixer now has full control over EQs for each channel and the cross-fader and headphones work on the mixer because you have two channels of music running thru the mixer now, as opposed to one pre-mixed master coming from the computer and thru the mixer

Basically there should be a menu control saying either use "internal mixer" or "external mixer", once you have your soundcard, use external mixer and

I could recommend soundcards but I'd need to know your budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Nice1 Jev thanks!

Ok, im looking for the cheapest soundcard. thats my budget really ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

See here for some ideas:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/cat.html?gf=usb_audio_interfaces&oa=pra

All you need in something with 2 stereo outputs, i.e. two red and white but don't get confused with one with one stereo out and one stereo in

the ESI U46 SE is the cheapest at e98 + delivery, but have a look around and see which you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Don't skimp on the sound card :) If you want to go Dj-ing you need to ensure your soundcard is up to scratch. You can mix with a normal PC laptop but you only have mono sound sadly. YouTube has a good video on it. Dj Socross I think..

Jev/N - Vestaxs are still going :)

How about this SDC: Sound Card its only like 12 quid?

• Advertisement

I don't think so mate. Are you planning on DJ-ing to an audience? Or is it just for fun?

ironclaw wrote: »
    I don't think so mate. Are you planning on DJ-ing to an audience? Or is it just for fun?

Well i Dj as a part time job so yeh i plan on getting virtual dj setup within the next year because its so great for mixing!

Whats wrong with the card on ebay btw??

Well, it isn't an ASIO card so if you ever wanted to use decks as controllers you would need to buy a new card. DJ-ing is a very well paid job and to be honest, spending that little bit extra on a good audio card makes all the difference. Are you using a laptop?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=TstaUlCg2Rs - Good video about VDJ

ironclaw wrote: »
    Well, it isn't an ASIO card so if you ever wanted to use decks as controllers you would need to buy a new card. DJ-ing is a very well paid job and to be honest, spending that little bit extra on a good audio card makes all the difference. Are you using a laptop?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=TstaUlCg2Rs - Good video about VDJ

So I have to get an ASIO card then?

Nice link, thanks for d help ;)

Its definitely worth it in the longer run. Keep me posted. I went the same route about a year ago and then went CDJ

• Advertisement
Advertisement