Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cd head unit help

Options
  • 24-10-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi Guys i recently bought an Acoustic Solutions ICS30 cd head unit i drive an 1999 opel corsa viva. I took out the standard cp player and installed the new cd player. Everything works fine it plays cds and the radio works but the only problem is it wont store the radio stations and the cd always starts from the first track when i start the car.With the radio stations it will store them when im driving the car but when i stop the car turn off the cd player and take the keys out it loses all the stations that i have stored. Does anyone know why this is happening any help would be great thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It sounds like you need to switch a couple of the feeds on the back of the unit . One is a constant , the other comes on with the ignition.

You can buy a new connection in your local motor accessories shop. Tell him the problem and he will give you the connection harness. Plug your harness into the back of the new one and the new one into the back of the new head unit.

Failing this bring it to an auto electrician. I wouldnt expect to pay more than €20 for the labour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

There should be a constant 12V supply as well as the one switched by the ignition.
    Did you wire it yourself or just plug it into the loom connector.

I think this might be a known issue with Opels and require a change in the loom or an adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭richfly

I just took out the old cd player and plugged in the new cd player, i noticed that spare wires came with the unit one of the wires is an orange wire and there's a sticker on it that says memory 12v+ could that be it . Sorry about the poor description as i dont know much about this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

SteveC wrote: »
    I think this might be a known issue with Opels and require a change in the loom or an adapter.

It might be a german thing, happens with VAG cars too.

Sometimes the wires which need to be swapped will have connectors on them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

richfly wrote: »
    I just took out the old cd player and plugged in the new cd player, i noticed that spare wires came with the unit one of the wires is an orange wire and there's a sticker on it that says memory 12v+ could that be it . Sorry about the poor description as i dont know much about this.
    That's the one! - it needs a constant 12V.

If you're confident with a multimeter you should be able to find a constant supply in the loom and tap into it.
    If not it's a quick job for an auto electrician.

• Advertisement
Advertisement