Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Cancellations

Options
  • 24-10-2008 5:08pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A girl I work with had her test today and failed. She's pretty down in the dumps but says she wants to do another test as soon as possible. I thought I'd seek out some advice for her here. How would she go about this? If you say you can take a cancellation slot in the text box when applying about how soon could you get called again? (is this what you do or should she ring them?) We get weekly rotas in work so if she needed a time off with say, two days notice she couldn't do it but if she got a week's notice she could. What would be the average call time?
    I cancelled my last test (no way NEAR ready enough!) and I had to give ten days notice- would that be the average you could get called?
    I looked at the 'waiting times' sticky and I know there have been threads on this type of thing before but I had a skim through and couldn't find any such info so just thought I'd post here in case people have had experience with this type of thing. Thanks and sorry for rambling! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

when i applied for my test i was offered it for 9am the next morning, because of a cancellation. a little too soon for me at the time, but basically slots can be available immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

From what I have read on this Forum over the past couple of years, it appears that they telephone offering a slot particularly if it is within a few days. If it doesn't suit, you friend could simply decline the offer but continue to be 'available'. Some people have been offered a test with a couple of hours notice. :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cheers- I'll let her know. A couple of hours notice?! Oh my God. None of this cancellation lark when I apply!

Advertisement