Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary?

• 24-10-2008 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

as a qualified quantity surveyor what salary should i expect to earn eg(4 years LIT).Is it a good job?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    .Is it a good job?:)

At the moment?? Not one of your best choices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Quantity Surveyor is a protected title, under the Building Control Bill.
    The country is entering a deep recession but professionals will always be required (not as many as the boom)

Construction types are getting more complex and more expensive. I can see a greater need for QS on domestic housing and refurbishments. Check out building magazines, websites and recruitment agencies, for examples of salaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 olearyj1

with 3 years experience with main contractor you would be looking at €40k - €45 annual salary....every company is different i.e. some offer company car/fuel cards/mileage....etc as additional perks

....it could be very interesting come jan/feb '09 when the annual reviews take place!

Advertisement