Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snaps for Snakebite...

Options
  • 24-10-2008 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Went there today to get my ears tapered and consult for my new navel, They RAWK! :D

The place is spotless, the staff friendly and helpful. Steve spent a good half hour chatting and explaining exactly why he was recommending each thing and how to look after it. He re-pierced my off centre right lobe at 2mm and tapered the left up to same. Even a simple tongue bar change involved questions, a good look and a check after to make sure it was EXACTLY the right fit (which it is, its so much more comfortable :) )

I didnt get the name of the lady manning teh desk but she was also lovely and patiently showed us all the (pretty!) plugs and answered any questions.

I'm going back next week for an inverse navel piercing, wouldn't go anywhere else now tbh.

We're often quick to post about a gripe but not so quick to post when we have a good experience, so here goes...

woop for Snakebite! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I got my first piercing in the when it was in the arcade downstairs. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Great place, great staff. Rob is the man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Thanks for posting that Molberts.
    Been trying to decide where to go for a while! Now I know. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Stupidly impressed with Steve and the girl at reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

looking at purdy plugs on BAF.... :o

soooo.... three months till next stretch then? o.O how many sleeps is that? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Awesome!

But three months to stretch up? Wow that seem like a long time, Steve would obviously know better than me but it's been a bit over a month since I started stretching and I'm at 8mm (granted I did go up too big at first).

Can you not start using the ptfe tape after a month or so?

EDIT: Off topic, do you own the pet place in DunL because I have been in there loads of times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Snakebite is where its at. on the real. Always my first recommendation for de piercins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Got my first piercing in snakebite about 10 years ago it hurt like a mofo, yes I'm a wuss:o:p

Awesome!

But three months to stretch up? Wow that seem like a long time, Steve would obviously know better than me but it's been a bit over a month since I started stretching and I'm at 8mm (granted I did go up too big at first).

Can you not start using the ptfe tape after a month or so?

EDIT: Off topic, do you own the pet place in DunL because I have been in there loads of times.

Thought he said 3 months, he gave me a sheet i'll have a look and double check in a bit.

Yea thats me in Dun L, pm me your pets names and we'll prob rofl after realising we know eachother in *real life* :p

I shall be there tomorrow arsing about

Snakebite during the week for scalpelling though :D

Will wrote: »
    I shall be there tomorrow arsing about

Snakebite during the week for scalpelling though :D

Arsing about? ya reckon thats what do ya ... ginger plughound? ;)

• Advertisement

I will sell stuff for ya

and uhm fix your mac for you with lots of music...

Jeepers it's in Dun L!!! :eek:

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Molberts wrote: »
    Arsing about? ya reckon thats what do ya ... ginger plughound? ;)

Myself and my good lady might call out to see you guys tomorrow too ;)

Family_Guy_Sexy_Party_Navy_Shirt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Molberts wrote: »
    Family_Guy_Sexy_Party_Navy_Shirt.jpg

:D AWESOME!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'm due a visit back to Snakebite to get my other conch punched... can't wait for my ears to finally match :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Yeah, they are very nice :-) They are also the reason why I'm not afraid of needles anymore :D
    Very helpful and answered ALL of my questions.
    Steve could be my brother-in-law's twin :D Who is also called Steve :D

They are also great with replying to emails. Aways got a reply within the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭IndigoStarr

Snakebite are amazing.
    I went in for a third set of ear piercings and Steve was so lovely, patient and funny, even answering all the random questions my friend had about genital piercings.
    "but... does it not bleed loads when you get a boner?" haha idiot.
    I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a piercing. Such a brilliant place.

Was in Snakebite today and they really are excellent.

Very impressed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 .JamEs.

Where is this place ?

• Advertisement

Middle abbey st. opposite arnotts on the 3rd floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 .JamEs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I know I keep saying this, but Snakebite are ENTIRELY where its at. I don't know thing 1 about their tattoo artists, but I feel there is no one better for piercings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I got my nose pierced yesterday, yes yes I know, not worth talking about really but I was very nervous. I have a thing about needles and physical pain :) I went to snakebite and I have to say I cannot get over how brilliant they were.

They guy doing the piercing was fantastic, talked me through everything, made me laugh, did not try tell me it wouldn't hurt he was honest and it was EXACTLY as he described. Spent a good 20 mins going through the aftercare with me and told me to come back when I wanted to change it so they could teach me how to properly. I mean, this guy was so great, I trusted him 100% to stick a pin in my nose. He also did not rush me out at all and spent ages chatting to us after it was done, to be sure I was not going to faint (yes yes I'm a huge wuss). Oh and I even got a lollypop for being a good girl :D

He probably does major piercings and tatoos every day, a nose piercing is nothing to him, but I wasn't made feel silly for being nervous at all.

Probably the best service I got anywhere ever, I'm not exaggerating.

They also do tattoos and I would so highly recommend them.

Just moved Helena's post to relevant thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Snakebite ftw! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i just found a voucher for snake bite yesterday:Dlooks like il be heading there soon

Got my conch punched by rob in snakebite today.
    Hurt like a mo fo, but seemingly i've stupidly hard ear cartiladge

anywho yeah awesomely nice guys and grade A piercing

Advertisement