Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 2005...Line-in for MP3 Player

Options
  • 24-10-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I currently use one of those FM transmitters to play my Samsung MP3 player through. It works well but of course there is some signal degradation while driving along, which can be frustrating. I was wondering if there was any way that the existing Audi Concert radio could be modified to incorporate a Line-in to directly hook up the MP3 player? If so, could I do it myself easily?
    Appreciate any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭auto electrical

hi there you shouldnt have a problem finding what you are looking for a compavy called connects2 makes aux ins for the audi concert radio and its pretty much plug and play put in "audi aux in" into ebay and look for the one with the little silver box about €55 plus shipping fitiing it only akes a few minutes

J. "Auto Electrical Concepts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Have checked extensively but but my Audi is a 2005 model and most of the adapters are for earlier models. I found this one from Germany but when I emailed to ask if this would suffice, I got this answer:
    Hello,
    no - it doesnot work. You need an special Interface for this radio. You get this at your Audi Dealer.

This is doing my nut in!

well i have fitted a few of them over the last few years no problems ill check what part number you need when i get to work tomorrow

that one you were looking at on ebay is not the correct one, that is for the older model try this ebay number 180301559914

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

hope this doesn't upset mods, if it's not allowed please delete!

hey i have a car 2 aux for sale at the moment on adverts.ie, with a bmw cable. However you can order an Audi cable for the same unit for around €12 shipped from www.indashpc.org.

You can order a cable specific to single DIN, double DIN or boot CD changer...if you're interested make me an offer on adverts. Used it for a year with no problems in an e39 5series, great little device.

http://indashpc.org/new/accessories/ - you'll find the cables here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Thanks folks,

I have just ordered one from the site provided by Coolmoose. Can anyone advise me on how to install it? It looks a bit complicated for an amateur like myself! Who would be the best people to do it and how much would it cost?
    Regards

fitting it is no problem just bring it to an auto electrician easy install shouldn cost you more than ana hours labour what part of the country are you in ???

Advertisement