Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Santa Strike Force needs an accountant! Please help?

• 24-10-2008 8:04pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The SSF needs an accountant as its being run out of a separate bank account and I'm beginning to worry that the taxman is going to come along some time and say "you collect money and buy kids presents at xmas.... yeah, right, thats a new one on me, cough up".

So, I need to register as a charity and then file accounts. Since there is only one event a year and its a 100% charity (every penny collected goes to charity) there are no wages, overheads or anything.

Is there a kind soul who would take this job on? (Think of the children!)...
    We dont pay but a few mentions on Boards might do wonders for your profile :):)

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

What you need is a practice accountant.

While I don't think registering a charity is too difficult it'd be best suited to someone currently working in practice.

As you say it should suit one of the many accountants on here that offer services to get extra publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Hi Devore,

If you set up a company and register as a charity the company will more than likely be registered by gaurantee and will then require an annual audit as charities can not avail of the audit exemption. No accountants will sign of an audit for free fact.

my (free) advice would be set it up as a club and register it as a charity/non-profit organisation. Then the tax man will be in the know that what you do is legite and charitable and as you are not a company will not have to get an annual audit.

As for providing accounts these will not be required by any agencies but I would recommend getting them done annually in order to re-assure any doners that the money is spent accordingly.

I have experience with both club accounts and registered charities so if you need anything else just ask or please feel free to PM me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Check this out DeV

http://www.revenue.ie/leaflets/faq_chy.pdf

Cant say I am an expert in that field but would love to help out SFF in anyway possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

PM sent

Advertisement