Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB Providers in Ireland (Reseller & Provider list)

Options
  • 24-10-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I'm writing a report on the "state" of Broadband in Ireland and need a little help.

I'm going to break the providers into the two logical section of Providers and Resellers

I presume that ICE, BT, Eircom and Digiweb are providers while Imagine would be a reseller.

All help in gathering a comprehensive list would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Mike that'll be a difficult task. Mainly because anyone bar Eircom is a reseller of some kind. BT resell eircoms bitstream dsl, ICE resell BT fibre to make their backhaul network, Digiweb lease BT and ESBT fibre for their network etc.

Imagine is a much bigger player than ICE btw, probably in the regio of 200k subscribers (including Irish Broadband).

Paul

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

BT, Smart, Magnet operate LLU which wouldn't be resold Eircom Wholesale products, thing is there;s a lot to map out....alot of work in this project imho

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

Yeah thats why i need all the help i can get!! lol

Thanks for the input

Advertisement