Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent help needed

Options
  • 24-10-2008 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

my sister works for an accounting firm,when she started she was waiting on 1 exam to have her degree .so was offered a job as a junior/trainee accountant with a little admin work.she was told this would start once she passed her exam and the company would provide training and pay fees for her last few exams(think its 3).from the 1st day she was doing accounts and the admin work was answer maybe 5 calls per day when the secretary was on break.for the last few months she has being on to her boss about starting doing her exams and has been fobbed off everytime.today it came to a head she told him she needed an answer about doing the exams .the boss told her he had employed her as admin staff and that she had no entilement to do the exams. she told him if that was the case way was she being paid trainee wages?She feels like he has just ****ed her about for months, got cheap work done and he dropped hints to her to look elsewhere. what can she do?she knows a few of the other people are getting messed about aswel and most of the newer recruits think they mite be let go once the tax year(end of nov?) is sorted coz it will be going quiet for a few months.who should she contact?any help will be very much appreciated?
    sorry for the long post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Contact the regulatory body that the firm is registered with and make a complaint.

In Ireland this will be either the
    ACCA
    ICAI
    CPA
    CIMA (Managment Accountants - not likely

They will not be pleased at all to here this.

This is a strange set up.

Like most grads coming out of college, I started with a firm as a trainee accoutant on the basis that I passed my college finals.

The trainee accountant wages are crap and do not come under the minimum wage act.

My advise to for her to move onto another firm.

Advertisement