Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling a Ryanair flight

Options
  • 24-10-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to cancel a ryanair flight? I'm due to fly to Manchester tomorrow but due to a family emergency I can't go, I don't see any links or info on the site. Their phone line is closed too.

Any Help anyone please?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I think the chances of getting any money back from Ryanair are slim to none, so there is no point in cancelling it.
    CAN I APPLY FOR A REFUND FOR MY UNUSED FLIGHT?

All Ryanair fares are fully changeable flight/dates/times/routes and names (up to 4 hours prior to original flight departure) however fares, fees or charges are non-refundable. Government taxes are the only portion of taxes, fees and charges which are refundable. Government tax refunds are subject to an administration fee of just £15, which is half BA's admin fee of £30 and significantly lower than BMI's £25 or Easyjet's £17.50. If the refund amount due to the customer is less than the applicable refund administration charge then no refund will be made. Government tax refund requests must be made within one month from the booked travel date.

You can change your flights under the "manage my booking" section.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?q=refund

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

There still may be a fee to change the flight anyway so it may not be worth your while either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

My Dad cancelled a Swineair flight recently. He could only do it by phone to one of those premium rate numbers so it cost him around 11 euro. He did it to claim the fare back off his insurance which appears to be the only good reason to phone up and cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

I rang them this morning and without taking any flight information was told I'd be down as a no show and in 31 days to ring back to claim back the taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

eire1 wrote: »
    I rang them this morning and without taking any flight information was told I'd be down as a no show and in 31 days to ring back to claim back the taxes.
    If you have something more urgent at home to take care of I wouldnt worry aboout the fare or taxes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If you don't show up you are putting any airport charges, taxes etc due to the airport or government into the a*s pocket of the carrier you are flying with.

if you go to claim these back the admin charges and hassle may outweigh the cost of the refund. Most just forget about them.

Advertisement