Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e51 warranty

• 24-10-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I recently bought an e51 off a guy on adverts.ie. The phone is now broke and I want to get it repaired. The fella I bought it off, has sent me on the vodafone receipt.
    What is the best way of trying to get vodafone/nokia to repair it as the ownership has changed and the previous owner is on the receipt?

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

In what way is it broke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭terencemc

Just the screen, I think. The sound comes on when I turn it on so I can only assume its just the screen.

Could be a software issue. But if it was dropped etc, Nokia might not cover it under the 2 year warranty.

Bring it to the MPRC in Sandyford, and just tell them you don't know what's wrong with it, that it won't turn on correctly. :)

http://www.mprc.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭terencemc

Cheers man. Do you think if I put down my name ... they will see that the ownership has changed and charge me for the service?

You've no need to worry. They will not check this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Could be a software issue. But if it was dropped etc, Nokia might not cover it under the 2 year warranty.

Bring it to the MPRC in Sandyford, and just tell them you don't know what's wrong with it, that it won't turn on correctly. :)

http://www.mprc.ie/
    Didn't realise that Nokia offered a 2-year warranty on their phones. It's good to know.

byte wrote: »
    Didn't realise that Nokia offered a 2-year warranty on their phones. It's good to know.
    Yep, AFAIK Motorola are the only one to just offer the 1 year. MPRC do most phone manufacturers, but deffo not Apple iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Would suggest MPRC as well :)

Advertisement