Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem & router compatability

Options
  • 24-10-2008 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I need a bit of advise and hope there is someone on here that can help me.

I was having a lot of problems with eircom, so I decided to switch to UPC(ntl). At first I thought it was the router, so I changed that a couple of weeks back. I bought a Netgear wireless-N ADSL2+Modem router DGN2000. UPC installed a Scientific Atlanta EPC2203 modem. This was ok for my PC, but I wanted to use my laptop aswell and they never connected their modem to my router. First off, is my router compatable with their modem? and if so, how do I connect the two?

Thanks in advance.
    2 sugars

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need a non-ADSL router. One that has an ethernet WAN port for the Modem. You can't use the ordinary ethernet ports on an ADSL router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 2sugars&adropof

Thanks watty. Much appreciated

Advertisement