Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brekkie (at tiffanies) in galway city centre

Options
  • 24-10-2008 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

hi guys

anyone know of where iwould get a full irish breakfast between mon-fri morn .
    in galway next week and my accomodation an t providing bricfeasta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I suggest O'Riordans on Quay Street (and know that almost every other post will recommend the same). best breakfast you get in the city and only 7 or 8 euro I think for everything including tea and toast....or their other place is Finnegans which is off Shop Street..go with O'Riordans cos you get proper potato slices instead of chips... yum!

Highly calorific and heart attack inducing but delicious nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

The Skeff in Eyre Square was pretty tasty when I was there, last year. Strong coffee, fresh toast and assorted bits of a pig (rashers, sausies, pudding) plus a runny egg.

It won't cure a hangover but it will give your farts a tang.

8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

steo123 wrote: »
    hi guys

anyone know of where iwould get a full irish breakfast between mon-fri morn .
    in galway next week and my accomodation an t providing bricfeasta

Dependings which side of the centre, the Huntsman Inn is only a short bit out and very taste.

Where will you be? Friends across from the AIB on the Tuam road is good and reasonable.

I suggest O'Riordans on Quay Street (and know that almost every other post will recommend the same). best breakfast you get in the city and only 7 or 8 euro I think for everything including tea and toast....or their other place is Finnegans which is off Shop Street..go with O'Riordans cos you get proper potato slices instead of chips... yum!

Highly calorific and heart attack inducing but delicious nonetheless.

agree.. owned by same people i think aswell. savage food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Trisha's cafe, lower Abbeygate st, breakfast bagel and tea/coffee is 5.50. Lots of other options. Lovely food and people.

Up-market, try Providence Market Cafe next door ... a lot posher (but not, IMHO any nicer).

Genteel, Lynch's cafe on Shop St.

Early, I noticed today that Sam Bailey's on Edglington St is open from 7am.

In short .. lots of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

An Pucan beside Centra opposite the bus station, breakfast all day and its great. 8 euro with tea and a load of toast for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

JustMary wrote: »
    Trisha's cafe, lower Abbeygate st, breakfast bagel and tea/coffee is 5.50. Lots of other options. Lovely food and people.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

home plate on mary st is savage and the cellar aint too bad either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

If you're in the mood for something European, there's a fantastic new French creperie on shop street, just up from Easons, Zatsuma. They do a lovely breakfast crepe for around six euros.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I have of late taken to a bit of a breakfast tour around Galway and was very happy about this thread.
    In fact I just went to O' Riordans on the strength of the recommendations here.
    Don't make my mistake.
    It was really really disappointingly bad. Chrusty oul slices of potato. Sausages that tasted like white pudding. Eggs completely overdone. White pudding that tasted well off. The service was also terrible.
    I think they found our waitress waiting for goats under a bridge. The place itself is cramped and smelly, and the kitchen, which I could see from my cramped smelly table, was dirty and all. Not going to go there again and so far one of the worst I have tried in Galway.

Oooooh. Contraversial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

I have of late taken to a bit of a breakfast tour around Galway and was very happy about this thread.
    In fact I just went to O' Riordans on the strength of the recommendations here.
    Don't make my mistake.
    It was really really disappointingly bad. Chrusty oul slices of potato. Sausages that tasted like white pudding. Eggs completely overdone. White pudding that tasted well off. The service was also terrible.
    I think they found our waitress waiting for goats under a bridge. The place itself is cramped and smelly, and the kitchen, which I could see from my cramped smelly table, was dirty and all. Not going to go there again and so far one of the worst I have tried in Galway.

Oooooh. Contraversial.
    yeah i totally agree the service in here is terrible and whats with deep frying everything.
    I have heard of Feeneys out in salthill doing a proper fry using a pan of all things and only for the rain on saturday i wud have tryed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

There is a small little cafe as you are coming from Lower Salthill into Salthill itself. I can't for de life of me remember the name but it is one of the nicest breakfasts i've had in Galway.

Also they butter your toast for you!!!!! Now that is service!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Sam Baileys on Eglinton street (just off Shop St) do some good stuff, great service too. Scrambled eggs and tasty sourdough toast for 4.50 woot! :)
    Full Irish weighs in at 8 or 9 quid including toast and tea/coffee - bit expensive, but tis tasty goodness.

s_carnage wrote: »
    There is a small little cafe as you are coming from Lower Salthill into Salthill itself. I can't for de life of me remember the name but it is one of the nicest breakfasts i've had in Galway.

Also they butter your toast for you!!!!! Now that is service!!!

I know the one. On the far side of the road from the Bal and a few 100 feet further away from the seashore. Lovely place actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I know the one. On the far side of the road from the Bal and a few 100 feet further away from the seashore. Lovely place actually.

Feeney's??? It's a Guesthouse too.

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Feeney's??? It's a Guesthouse too.

Alls I remember is it is a "House of breakfasts", at least according to the sign and is also a guesthouse. The service is nice and the food is simple but done well and piled high on the plate.

Advertisement