Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Kings of Leon - *** on Fire

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

When did they become a boyband??? Man I'm so disillusioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Think there trying that whole Travis/Coldplay thing.....worthy tune though.

Sorry but it sounds like a band trying to sound like KOL. I have their first three albums but am not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Sorry but it sounds like a band trying to sound like KOL. I have their first three albums but am not impressed.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I like the first song on the album, closer, but that's only because it's in 7/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

didnt like that album at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

This is clearly a Spinal Tap song. 3rd song from the same album as "Lick my Love Pump" if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Decent music but some of the worst lyrics in history.
    This one will be forgettable in about six months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

i think it's pretty cool...they've never been my favourite band, but i listen to them and i like the rhythm of this song..its catchy.

i don't see, however, how they are now a boyband? heaven forbid a band should try something new with their music. we wouldn't be where we're at with regards to what music is like now if bands hadn't tried something new, even if some may think its a bit dodgy.

some of the worst lyrics in history? riiight.

ellenmelon wrote: »
    some of the worst lyrics in history? riiight.

Alright, slight exaggerations, but for KOL, they are pretty f*cking poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

was never a fan, but "on call" piqued my interest...but i have to say i do like the new album.

and whats this doing in the metal forum? isnt there a huge KOL thread in alt/indie?

was never a fan, but "on call" piqued my interest...but i have to say i do like the new album.

and whats this doing in the metal forum? isnt there a huge KOL thread in alt/indie?

I thought it was a rock and metal forum. And Sex on Fire to me is more of a rock tune than an indie tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Touché, salesman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

When did they become a boyband??? Man I'm so disillusioned.

I heard when they started up they were too pretty, and they where told to scruff up a bit :P*

*i actually did hear that, wether it is reputable is a whole different ball game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Why have you x'd out 'sex' you weirdo?

I like this track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Why have you x'd out 'sex' you weirdo?

I like this track.

Cos boards is a family forum :p

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, it seems to be a favourite with radio DJ's considering the amount of times it's played on the radio.

Have to say, the more it's played, the more I loathe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Agreed - the song irritates me every time I hear it.

Just thinking about it saddens me, which sucks cause I did genuinely like them before. Last album that disappointed me this much was QOTSA Lullabies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 scumbag sqpants

Far too much air play it's bull**** they gotta stop playing it on the radio so much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I really did like the song when I avoided the radio but they have since started having the radio on loudly at work and it is on all the time. I need to not hear it for a few weeks.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Liked the song at first... But now its like "Sweet Child o Mine", "Enter Sandman", "Smells Like Teen Spirit" to me. Way, way over played.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

I love it. Shame about the rest of the album.

Heavy rotation has always been a killer of some of the most amazing songs. I still hate the damn lyrics of it though.

Anyone else thinks it reeks of the Stereophonics - Dakota btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nickname

Anyone else thinks it reeks of the Stereophonics - Dakota btw?[/quote]

Yes! When I heard it first, that song definitely came to mind. And it's seriously played way too much, I can't stand it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I hate the KOL but this song is ctually pretty good, I like the music and the lyrics are not bad. Usually they are a plodding mess of mediocrity, but this is not bad. Not amazing but their best effort yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Sh1t song. Sh1t album. They've turned into a p1ss soaked pack of gee bags imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Sh1t song. Sh1t album. They've turned into a p1ss soaked pack of gee bags imo.

Wow! Classaaaay :D

Yeah this album seems to be a watered down version of Because of the Times. I like Sex on Fire, but I don't think you can even compare it to anything off Aha.. Crawl is sh1te.

Advertisement