Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna know whats in eddies/abrakebabra?

Options
  • 24-10-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I just got in and my father told me he saw something about people asking whats in certain dishes from eddies and abra etc and to check it out for him and pass on the good word so to speak

If you wanna know whats in what - post here and ill answer for you all! Also, for the record, he doesnt sell the stuff in bulk, can buy one at a time if you want :)

If you want to find out how to get some of it, drop me a pm and ill let you know where you can buy it, i wont say it on here because i dont want to drop any names or anything that might be against the forum charter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

please please tell me how to make abras taco fries yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

abras garlic sauce and chilli sauce maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its rich sauces, eddies even have the logo on their menus, based in derry i think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

foodaholic wrote: »
    please please tell me how to make abras taco fries yum yum

Its the taco souce and fries :p
    Ishindar wrote: »
    abras garlic sauce and chilli sauce maybe?

nope! Its not a mixture of two sauces, although im sure ingredients from both are in the taco mix.
    davton wrote: »
    Its rich sauces, eddies even have the logo on their menus, based in derry i think

The factory is based in Co Down. The southern Ireland suppliers however, aren't. If your looking to get some, pm me and ill get you a number for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

red_ice wrote: »
    I just got in and my father told me he saw something about people asking whats in certain dishes from eddies and abra etc and to check it out for him and pass on the good word so to speak

If you wanna know whats in what - post here and ill answer for you all! Also, for the record, he doesnt sell the stuff in bulk, can buy one at a time if you want :)

If you want to find out how to get some of it, drop me a pm and ill let you know where you can buy it, i wont say it on here because i dont want to drop any names or anything that might be against the forum charter!

Could you tell me whats the cheese sauce used in eddies? the one for the chips? Also what kind of chips they use.. I would be willing to buy

Thanks alot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,898 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi,

I would be interested to know what cheese sauce and fries they use in Eddie Rockets aswell and where you can purchase it. Also where can you get the taco sauce. Do they sell this in the supermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I had that cheese sauce before and it nearly made me vomit - couldnt eat the chips at all. :(

axer wrote: »
    I had that cheese sauce before and it nearly made me vomit - couldnt eat the chips at all. :(

Are you kidding me ? hehehe it's the NICEST thing i've ever eaten in my entire life (in terms of chips ofc)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

axer wrote: »

I agree... I don't know why they can't just melt actual grated cheese.

bump :p

• Advertisement

• What's the Eddie Rockets Classic burger sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Deaddude wrote: »
    Could you tell me whats the cheese sauce used in eddies? the one for the chips? Also what kind of chips they use.. I would be willing to buy

Thanks alot :)

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

red_ice wrote: »

Eddie's garlic sauce that they serve with fries... although part of me (the sensible, food-conscious bit) is telling me not to ask!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Would love to know the sauce on the Eddies Chicken Fillet burger,

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

These places dont even serve real food.
    My idea of hell....having to eat this stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

These places dont even serve real food.
    My idea of hell....having to eat this stuff!!!

Everyone to their own, clearly a lot of people like it, why they can open more branches. No one is forcing you to eat their 'Non-real food'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Will we ever find out about the cheese sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Eddies garlic sauce ad abra chilli fries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

The cheese sauce is puke...............it tastes like cheap watery gravy with a hint of cheese.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭Lazare

How do they get the figs into the fig rolls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭MonkeyDoo

Eddie Rockets they empty your pockets....they are a total rip off...and expect you top up their staff's wages by tipping....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

MonkeyDoo wrote: »
    ..and expect you top up their staff's wages by tipping....

Is that not true of all restaurants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

MonkeyDoo wrote: »
    Eddie Rockets they empty your pockets....they are a total rip off...and expect you top up their staff's wages by tipping....

Sure if you dont like the prices dont eat there, i for one never felt under pressue or oblidged to leave a tip,

Anyways this is a thread about sauce so back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sounds like someone got a bad expensive burger after a few bevvies last night. :)

Zombie thread. Closed.

HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement