Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Sound Upgrade?

Options
  • 25-10-2008 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes:

Ok, so i had a compaq Laptop, which had fairly good sound when i played mp3s and films. I recently got a new laptop (Toshiba) which has lower quality sound (It sounds about the same quality as a mobile phone playing songs would)

Anyhow, what are my options?
    Is there any software i can get to make it better?
    Or do i need to get a new sound card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

Make sure you have the latest drivers for it.

Play around with the sound settings to see if you can improve quality.

Use appropriate keywords in google to see if peeps with the same model of laptop as you had similar problems, and see what they did about it. Maybe reverting to older drivers might give improved results.

Generally, soundcards in laptops can't be upgraded easily - again, use google to see if you have any options in that regard.

There are USB soundcards available, just plug into your USB port, and plug your speakers/microphone into it. Again, google or eBay will sort you out.

Advertisement