Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother found shot dead today

• 25-10-2008 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

****ing hell. This is horrible.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6468863

Do you think the media will give the family space or do you think they will bombard the poor family over the coming months?

In my opinion this is a terrible tragedy and it's going to shock the showbiz world. The family should be given the space they need. Or... is it in the best interests of finding the killer to make as much info as public knowledge as is possible? What do you think?

(P.S. Hope everyone has read the aul charter before they reply!! :rolleyes:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

eskimo wrote: »
    ****ing hell. This is horrible.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6468863

Do you think the media will give the family space or do you think they will bombard the poor family over the coming months?
    In my opinion this is a terrible tragedy and it's going to shock the showbiz world. The family should be given the space they need. Or... is it in the best interests of finding the killer to make as much info as public knowledge as is possible? What do you think?

If the media give any space in this situation, it will be the first time since the big bang. There's more chance of them interviewing the suspects before the police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

eskimo wrote: »

LOL, As said in response to your previous post:

Yikes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

This thread was locked soon after it started how is it open again?

Sam Kade wrote: »
    This thread was locked soon after it started how is it open again?

The Great Escape.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭jaffa20

The poor girl. I hope the media do let her grieve.
    Do i need to discuss more:confused::P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Jesus the poor girl. I doubt the media will give her any space though.

Her nephew is still missing. :O

Poor girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

That's so sad. I hope the little boy is found alive and well.

I hope I've discussed this enough!!!! :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

eskimo - we appreciate you starting a new thread in accordance to the new charter guidelines. I think everyone's gotten used to this forum being like a newsfeed, but we're trying very hard to move away from that.

Everyone else - the onus is on the thread starter to provide an opinion or question so as to get a discussion going. Your reply doesn't have to be well-thought out or detailed. So stop posting stuff like "hope I've discussed this enough", thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Its a tragedy,but seriously, does it have to be the third story on the main RTE news??!!

panda100 wrote: »
    Its a tragedy,but seriously, does it have to be the third story on the main RTE news??!!

There's nothing like a couple of murders and the disappearance of a child to take your mind off the economic crisis. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Was just reading the superficial and apparently a suspect has been arrested. He's Jennifer's sister's ex husband. http://thesuperficial.com/2008/10/jennifer_hudsons_7yearold_neph.php

How crazy is that? You really have to wonder what goes behind closed doors in people's families. They're saying it was a domestic abuse thing that got out of hand which I find quite scary - that things can get to that point for a person where they would do that. I find it so hard to understand - which I guess is why this story has shocked people so much.

You know it has to be a crazy story if the superficial guy writes seriously about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

The suspect has been arrested but the boy seems to be missing still? Has anyone of any other suspects? Sounds to me that if they have the murder suspect then they will be lucky to find the boy alive at this stage. Shocking story though.....I only just saw Jennifer Hudson in Sex and the City and thought she was great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't find a link but got this in an email from CNN.
    -- SUV connected to Jennifer Hudson case found; medical examiner checking reports of child's body inside.

The kids dead unfortunately.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sailor_babii

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/27/illinois.shootings.hudson/index.html

Its so sad. The number of violent abuse towards children is getting out of hand. He was 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My boss at work today was reading the news and told me the boy had been found full of bullets. I atually got a jolt to my stomach. I suppose it's just made domestic violence more real for people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

OMG what a tragedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What a disaster. Whoever did this was beyond doing it out of greed. S/he killed three people including a seven year old boy, they didn't hold them at ransom, they just murdered in cold blood. This would suggest to me that it was personal. I can't imagine what Jennifer Hudson is going through, losing three family members at once and it must make it worse knowing that someone would hold such a grudge against her and her family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/3540792/Brother-in-law-arrested-over-Jennifer-Hudsons-family-murders.html
    "We have obtained an arrest warrant for William Balfour. He was released to Chicago detectives," Chicago Police Department spokeswoman Monique Bond said, adding that Balfour would be charged with three counts of murder.
    Balfour, 27, who had been married to Hudson's sister Julia, was questioned after the killings but not charged. He was jailed for violating his parole on a previous attempted murder conviction, and was scheduled to have a hearing on Wednesday.
    Bond would not give details about what evidence led police to charge Balfour for the shooting deaths of Hudson's mother, Darnell Donerson, 57, brother, Jason Hudson, 29, and seven-year-old nephew, Julian King.
    Mrs Donerson and Mr Hudson were found shot to death on Oct 24 in Mrs Donerson's South Side home. Four days later, Julian's body was found in a stolen sport utility vehicle parked on the city's West Side. A handgun used in the slayings was found nearby.
    Jennifer Hudson identified her nephew's body at the morgue.
    Hudson got her start in 2005 competing on the US television show American Idol although she failed to reach the final.
    She later won the role of 'Effie White' in the 2006 film version of the stage musical Dreamgirls and earned a best supporting actress Oscar for her performance.
    Hudson has since appeared in the film version of Sex and the City and in The Secret Life of Bees.

Brother-in-law arrested - sick bastard :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement